What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The HWC Chimp Challenge 2010 Thread: Go Bananas!

0o0

Banned
Stanford is really getting on my nerves with these folding problems. This will be the last month I ever fold. I'm considering dropping folding right now, but I want to contribute to Beavers_Gone_Bananas before I leave. It's a good thing that I'm using a VM and portable gpu client so all I need to do is delete the folders after this month... I don't want stanford's code contaminating my OS installation.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Looks like we are done in just over two days. Both my bigadvs will be done before then thankfully.

I have added the -oneunit flag so that it does not pick up another bigadv. I just have to keep watching so that I can fire up SMP2 just after the bigadvs are done.

Apollo4g

I don't know why, but I do know that I'm receiving A3's instead of bigadvs now. This is my 2nd a3. I'm using the VM client from evga 'linuxrouter' and I typed in " ./fah6 -bigadv -smp 8" and it's giving me a3's:sad:

would it be possible to shut it down just as a WU finishes and try it again?

same exact thing is happening to me.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Seriously, you may just be better off switching to SMP2 if you are having issues.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Ditching a WU could cause bonus point issues for the whole team. :S

This is why people with bigadvs should really think about using the -oneunit flag at this point, finish off that one unit and then go for SMP.

0o0

Banned
alright I'll keep it. how do I run the oneunit flag with the vm already running? typing in the flag at the bottom seems to do nothing...

Latest posts