What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Case Mod The Industry - Final project of 2019

Tpbmods

Well here we are, Just like 2019, The Industry is finally done!
It's been a long and fruitful journey this year; and I cant wait to show everyone what I have in works for 2020.
I want too give my greatest appreciation to Inwin USA, EK Waterblocks, TeamGroup and Dazmode for their continued support.
And I want to thank each and every one of you for following along on this journey of mine, It means a lot to me!

System specs:
Case: Inwin 905, CNC'd by Kaidis86
Cpu - Intel i7 8700k
Mobo - Maximus Formula z370
Gpu - Strix 2080
Ram - 16gb (4x4) TeamGroup T-Force DarkZ
PSU - Inwin PL850w
Cables - Tpbmods

Loop:
Cpu - EK Velocity Acetal
Gpu - EK RTX Strix
Pump/Res - Xres 140 Revo D5 Glass
Rads - EK SE360/PL240
Fittings - EK 16mm Torque Series
Fans - Inwin Sirius Loop 120mm

Tags: None

Last edited:

bjcsoln

That looks amazing! And it makes me curious to think about using the thicker tubes (I have only ever used 12mm).

Question, apart from esthetics, are there any pros/cons to using the bigger tubes?

Tpbmods

Hey @bjcsoln Thank you for the compliments my man! Appreciate the local support(maple ridge here)
In a way, larger tubing will help combat SOME minor flow restriction but nothing performance gaining imo.
I have always liked the appearance of a larger diameter tube to fill the void.
Some say you can run your pump a bit lower for the same flow

bjcsoln

Interesting - and the point about filling the void - this is going to be one of the things I will be looking at very closely in my next build. And even though I am going with the P3 Core case (so open design) I really want to consider where all of the tubing and blocks go, part in parcel to, as you said, ensure that a lot of the boring stuff is covered.

And umm..have any spare parts that you want to get rid of? Once I get the case (and some of the blocks), I will be cutting the rest out of the pieces out of styrofoam to start modeling options. It would be great if I had a few pieces of the16 mill tube to play with.

bjcsoln

And curious - right now do you have a planned colour scheme? I am seeing more builds that are going with clear liquid, and then using RGB for the overall case effects. I am thinking along the same lines, although I am going a lot more subtle with the RGB. Will just have the blocks lit up, and I am going with the EK quantum blocks (for the GPU and will be trying out their flat res).

One last question - where did you get your cabling from (and those cable combs)?

Last edited:

Tpbmods

And curious - right now do you have a planned colour scheme? I am seeing more builds that are going with clear liquid, and then using RGB for the overall case effects. I am thinking along the same lines, although I am going a lot more subtle with the RGB. Will just have the blocks lit up, and I am going with the EK quantum blocks (for the GPU and will be trying out their flat res).

One last question - where did you get your cabling from (and those cable combs)?
No color scheme to this build, just raw and industrial
As far as cables go, I do all my own work which includes making my cables.
I exclusively purchase from Mainframe Customs in the states, their Teleios sleeving is my favorite
And the combs are Clockwerk Industries Knuckle combs also available at MFC

Tpbmods

That looks amazing! When you're bending your tubing do you use any kind of a guide or tool, or is it all freehand?
Thank you! And all my tubes are freehand, the only guide I use is a 90 degree ANYTHING to ensure my lines are good

Latest posts

Twitter