What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the 'let's talk about unusual stuff thread.'

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
some good and bad news. good, in that milk chocolate may be about to have a reduction in sugar content (something I ranted about earlier today) but the bad news is you're just swapping one carbohydrate for another; oat flour. apparently it will provide the same texture and mouth feel as the full sugar version, but may be healthier due to the reduced refined sugar content.

dark chocolate is the obvious go-to, but the taste is different from milk chocolate.

Lysrin

some good and bad news. good, in that milk chocolate may be about to have a reduction in sugar content (something I ranted about earlier today) but the bad news is you're just swapping one carbohydrate for another; oat flour. apparently it will provide the same texture and mouth feel as the full sugar version, but may be healthier due to the reduced refined sugar content.

dark chocolate is the obvious go-to, but the taste is different from milk chocolate.

But you know, good dark chocolate does grow on you the more you eat it. I really like it now where in the past I couldn't stand it. YMMV of course. There's one we buy that has some sea salt, and is I think 80% or more dark that is very good. So not pure dark, but a long ways there.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
But you know, good dark chocolate does grow on you the more you eat it. I really like it now where in the past I couldn't stand it. YMMV of course. There's one we buy that has some sea salt, and is I think 80% or more dark that is very good. So not pure dark, but a long ways there.
I have found milk chocolate to be so sweet it hurts to eat. I'm of Dutch heritage, so chocolate (and cheese) are very important to me. I watch my blood / chocolate (and cheese) levels religiously! my personal fav is about 60% cocoa, but if they can bring down the sweetness and avoid making it any more bitter, I'm interested.

LaughingCrow

Latest posts