What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Performance Review Comment Thread

Dzzope

Great review as always, Great card for 4k, VR and high fps QHD/UW setups but I can't see 1080 needing anything more than a 1070 for a long time yet.. (God damn nvidia for using the "10" series)

Personally I still don't feel 4k is 100% ready for prime-time, Surprisingly to me it seems media is the lacking feature rather than games..
That and a 4k oled with 120hz free/gesync and all.. I'mma still waiting.. :p

Fox

Is the overclocking section missing? You make reference to hitting 2.05GHz in the conclusion, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Overclocking naturally exasperates the thermal issue as well. Even though I was able to push this sample to a relatively constant core frequency of 2.05GHz, that achievement was only accomplished by running the fan at 75% of its stated maximum output. That resulted in awesome framerates, but an unbearably loud acoustical profile. Without the fan speed increase higher clocks were still possible, but they eventually fell back to stock speeds after being strangled by higher temperatures and of course NVIDIA’s Boost algorithms.
Otherwise, it looks like a beast of a card, should be interesting when the custom designs come out.

Twitter