What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti Performance Review Comment Thread

Prickly007

Well heard Kodi is coming to Xbox one as a native app so I'll be selling my Nvidia sheild shortly.

Kodi is better than Plex? I looked at a variety of options, settling initially on a $100 US Roku Premiere+ as it had an ethernet port. But then for an extra (at the time) $150 found I could get a Blu-ray player and, obviously, gaming- namely a few exclusive titles, hello Red Dead Redemption and sports games. An Xbox appears to offer excellent value- even at $700 US, one can't really say the same for the 1080 Ti. But still....

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
:eek:fftopic:

I dont think it is, but I'm the minority it seems on the Web.

Kodi is complex if you're not an android nut, has too many 'add ins' and libraries and all this other junk that I dont want to have to fight with and update and install all the time just to get it to do things.

But, it CAN be a lot more versatile in what it can do...WHEN you finally get it working, and IF it stays working.

Plex is simple, easy to use, and just works. It also only plays video and music.

Really its two different beasts, and not an apple to apple comparison at all.

But if we're gonna talk more about this, we should start a new thread. Lets keep this thread to the awesome 1080ti

MARSTG

$1000 CDN? lol. No doubt this card is the best at the moment. Really hope Vega can compete at this level but at a better price.
And maybe it will, but in 3 months time, at the minimum, when rumours about getting Volta out will start the, "wait for Volta" state of mind.

artistpavel

A beautiful card for 3440x1440. If I buy this, it would be the first time when a card is adequate for a resolution I have, all previous setups were ALWAYS underpowered for comfortable gaming.

simsin

A beautiful card for 3440x1440. If I buy this, it would be the first time when a card is adequate for a resolution I have, all previous setups were ALWAYS underpowered for comfortable gaming.

Yea, im having the same thought.

I also want to see if watercooling will yield any additional benefits, if not i might ditch my WC

....and theres vega around the corner. Im just afraid it might not be impactful

TTC

A lot of us are committed to a side also due to gsync or freesync. I tried AMD, hated it.

Latest posts