What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Official Food Thread

Cypher^64

wow
Did prime rib for father's day. Turned out amazing!!

6lb prime rib coated with Kosher salt overnight
Sous vide 6hours at 130F
Rested in fridge for a couple hours
1.5 hours on the Keg @ 380F with hickory smoke.

Amazing flavor and so tender

Attachments

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Playing around with some new loaves and different containers. The AP in a dutch oven looked the nicest, but I found the bread flour had a better chew.

Rear two had one in a cast iron loaf pan and one freeform in a baking steel. The free form was high hydration bread and spread out too much, but for a first stab at 'artisan' style breads I'm pretty happy.

I still like my focaccia in a skillet best, but that's basically fried on the on the bottom with olive oil so it's bound to be tasty.

Attachments

Herne

Playing around with some new loaves and different containers. The AP in a dutch oven looked the nicest, but I found the bread flour had a better chew.

Rear two had one in a cast iron loaf pan and one freeform in a baking steel. The free form was high hydration bread and spread out too much, but for a first stab at 'artisan' style breads I'm pretty happy.

I still like my focaccia in a skillet best, but that's basically fried on the on the bottom with olive oil so it's bound to be tasty.
Nice looking breads- in a dutch oven?

Not much of a baker (daughter is starting to be) but I make a lot of stuff that would go right with a good
focaccia.

FreeKnight

20200310_191153.jpg
Picked up a flat of brisket from the butcher yesterday. Just put the dry cure on it to make montreal smoked meat. Should take around 4-5 days.

FreeKnight

what do you have for a smoker?
I have a broil king vertical smoker. Unfortunately my house I bought in October doesn't have a NG hookup, so until I get around to installing one, I won't be using it.

Allegedly, places like Schwartz's don't actually smoke theirs in Montreal, and use liquid smoke and ovens. I'll probably go the liquid route this time until I can run a NG line in spring.

gingerbee

Oh I got one for ya's boost for breakfast, boost for lunch, boost for dinner and repeat day in and day out lmao thanks so much meat looks great as does the fresh bread

Latest posts

Twitter