What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Radeon RX480 8GB Performance Review (Comment Thread)

Major_Tantrum

First things first. Hi, I'm new and hope no one minds my being here. Just looking to gain some knowledge and insight on PC building :). This being said ..

Ive owned a Sapphire RX-480 8gb for the past month and love it( especially bang for buck.) But, has anyone used twins in a crossfire setup yet? Looking for voltage readings n such to add to a new build I'm working on

geokilla

Can a writer please edit the article with the overclocking results?

I've been out of the loop for a while and looking to get back into play video games other than SC2. I assume this is a good GPU upgrade over my XFX 7950 if I game at 1080P?

Shadowmeph

I've been out of the loop for a while and looking to get back into play video games other than SC2. I assume this is a good GPU upgrade over my XFX 7950 if I game at 1080P?

I haven't OCed mine yet they are still working out the Driver bugs, I was having allot of problems with my 480 until I was told to not use hardware acceleration and to turn off some acceleration in video players. also not to turn the wattman on when installing the drivers use afterburner. so far after doing those thing ( which took a couple of weeks) a long time to find out about this temporary fixes I can play rise of the tomb raider no problems not even a hiccup. I am not sure when AMD will get the driver right they have been working on bug fixes since the card first came out back in July I think it was and still haven't fix them.

D

Dark Knight

It would be generally a good upgrade over the 7950. It provides near R9 390X performance or similar at 1080P. Overclocked it may provide even better performance.

MARSTG

I am on the fence of ordering the RX480 4GB from Power color that is 259cad on newegg.ca. I want to try some Windows Store titles and I am thinking they might be better optimized for AMD since the consoles are powered by AMD gpus as well. Should I pull the plug now or wait for Black Friday? I don't think there will be much discount on this model anyway.

techsavyy

I am on the fence of ordering the RX480 4GB from Power color that is 259cad on newegg.ca. I want to try some Windows Store titles and I am thinking they might be better optimized for AMD since the consoles are powered by AMD gpus as well. Should I pull the plug now or wait for Black Friday? I don't think there will be much discount on this model anyway.

Price dropped today by $10. I would personally hold off on this specific card though. Single fan design is going to run this thing hot as can be. Maybe the Nitro + will drop a few bucks coming up to BF, if it does I would jump all over it around 279.99 range (currently 299)

MARSTG

I am not afraid for cooling as i have 2 front fans and one blowing upwards from the bottom so i am covered there.

Steelhawk

Purchased a XFX RX480 GTR for my son to use to play BF1 and have been pleasantly surprised with its performance. Especially surprised with the temps while under load considering how AMD cards seem to run quite hot.

Shadowmeph

Purchased a XFX RX480 GTR for my son to use to play BF1 and have been pleasantly surprised with its performance. Especially surprised with the temps while under load considering how AMD cards seem to run quite hot.

what I do is use after burner seems to keep the card running at a decent temperature. if I use the stock on in the radion settings my card will get very hot it seems the driver is still a little wonky and if I use any radion settings the card will ov er heat cause crashes .

Steelhawk

I am finding with this card though is the temps seem to be quite lower than what I would normally expect from and AMD card.