What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The shower / toilet under the stairs.

Cannon Fodder

Less than 30 years old IIRC.

-ST

I suppose Friendly's question should've been, "is that toilet a recent addition?"...... seems hard to believe the house would have had the toilet installed when first built, with the buyer's option to build some walls at a later date, and then they never did it, IN ~30 YRS.! o_O

sswilson

Staff member
I suppose Friendly's question should've been, "is that toilet a recent addition?"...... seems hard to believe the house would have had the toilet installed when first built, with the buyer's option to build some walls at a later date, and then they never did it, IN ~30 YRS.! o_O

I dunno.... I can't imagine any other scenario as the toilet's sewer connection had to be installed when they poured the concrete floor. The only other scenario would be that the toilet was closed in at some point but they removed the walls.

JD

Staff member
I dunno.... I can't imagine any other scenario as the toilet's sewer connection had to be installed when they poured the concrete floor. The only other scenario would be that the toilet was closed in at some point but they removed the walls.
And they were expecting the wall to be framed like 2ft out too? Or at least it looks really far from the wall... very strange placement

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
You always rough in a toilet connection in an unfinished basement so a bathroom can be added at a later date without jackhammering up the concrete, although they are quite often poorly placed and would require jackhammering anyway to be moved. That toilet has most likely been added by a home-owner after occupancy, it shouldn't pass the occupancy building inspection like that.

Cannon Fodder

Well, like Sugar mentioned, sure, the toilet connection would've likely been there from day 1, but with a cap on it..... seems pretty silly to have had a toilet sittin' there, out in the open, for a long period of time, without ever having actually built some walls around it. :unsure:

Latest posts