What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the Stuff That's Just Really Cool thread

clshades

Highly upgraded since the start but the gattling gun system is still relatively the same. Ask any American Soldier, they looove this plane for support. I've watched hundreds of videos on the A10, like I said, it's my favorite jet. 👍

Lysrin

Highly upgraded since the start but the gattling gun system is still relatively the same. Ask any American Soldier, they looove this plane for support. I've watched hundreds of videos on the A10, like I said, it's my favorite jet. 👍
F-14 still remains by favourite, but the A10 is a close second. When I was a kid, two A10s did a demo flight at the Shearwater International Airshow. They had Canadian soldiers on the ground hiding out, acting as the enemy, and the two A10s did their thing as they would if they were providing support. They even had some pyrotechnics set up to go off on the ground when they did their passes, and smokes and the like. It was pretty awe-inspiring! My young eyes were wide the whole time! :) One of the best demos I've ever seen at an airshow and I don't recall it ever happening again.

Last edited:

clshades

F-14 still remains by favourite, but the A10 is a close second. When I was a kid, two A10s did a demo flight at the Shearwater International Airshow. They had Canadian soldiers on the ground hiding out, acting as the enemy, and the two A10s did their thing as they would if they were providing support. They even had some pyrotechnics set up to go off on the ground when they did their passes, and smokes and the like. It was pretty awe-inspiring! My young eye were wide the whole time! :) One of the best demos I've ever seen at an airshow and I don't recall it ever happening again.
1st time I heard an A10 was in Arma or Arma 2. I had to know more! I quickly realized I was not cut out for flying and alot of military or ex military played that game. I got yelled at alot lol.

Cypher^64

Its one of my favorite as well. The GE engines are stupid quiet.

Izerous

Folding Team
so, apparently there are conditions where electrons can move like a fluid that resembles liquid honey.

There are 2 majors thoughts of eletricitity. I think this article is interesting if you read it onces thinking about eletrontron flow (sparkies) and skim over it again thinking about hole flow (scientific).

The end result of eletron flow vs hole flow is the same. Left hand rule vs right hand rule magnetic fields still wrap in the same direction, lights still turn on and off etc

sswilson

Staff member
Is the "holes move" an actual theory or is it just that it's easier to teach/explain the concepts that way?

Been an awful long time since I did theory, but back in the day the military was using "holes moving" as their teaching method.

Latest posts

Twitter