What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the Stuff That's Just Really Cool thread

LaughingCrow

that's mostly the US...though it no doubt will eventually affect ours eventually. fortunately we have the MAAC. a national organization that a lot of regional groups are members of and through them have some really good allowances made for flying in Canada. you can get an area in your particular jurisdiction added as an MAAC approved flight zone and get exceptions to being allowed to fly in what would otherwise be a no-fly zone, with some considerations in place. for instance, the MAAC site in PR here is 100m from the hospital heli pad, within the 5 nautical mile exclusion zone from our regional airport as well as the local aerodrome for sea-based aircraft. examples of the considerations to be taken would be like you see a helicopter coming or going from the hospital, you immediately cease all flying activity. you know...common sense things.
It's in Canada: "But due to new Canadian regulations he can’t legally fly it right now at the field his club leases in Whitby, Ont."

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
It's in Canada: "But due to new Canadian regulations he can’t legally fly it right now at the field his club leases in Whitby, Ont."
ahhh...I thought the article you put down was going to be about how the US requires all RC aircraft to have GPS tracking and identification marks that can link back to the owner of said craft. turns out your article was a muck up by the MAAC in not following the proper process to have a site registered and qualify for the exceptions I had mentioned earlier. previously only those who were using aircraft over 250g for business purposes required the license, though there was a weight limit that required anyone with a craft of that size to have the RC pilot's license.

I don't think it's bad for the idea that you should have an RC pilot's license, however we all know beaucracy makes everything onerous. I would say there should be an exemption for pilots who have been flying for a long time and that only new and inexperienced pilots need some training.

bah humbug!

Marzipan

and coffee grounds found to resist neurodegenerative diseases.

Marzipan

I wonder if particle accelerators have just been commoditized and in little time Joe Hick and his neighbor will be able to get one... :unsure:

Helzy

Nice!! Your own personal worm hole generator, now all we need is some entanglement with one in Hawaii and voila! The price of 1st/Business class flights just dropped like a rock. Hmm... time to dump all that Westjet stock.

LaughingCrow

Nice!! Your own personal worm hole generator, now all we need is some entanglement with one in Hawaii and voila! The price of 1st/Business class flights just dropped like a rock. Hmm... time to dump all that Westjet stock.
LOL. Personally, I've had the suspicion that the Star Trek transporter concept has been working for some time. It's your clothes drier. You know where you somehow lose a sock. Maybe you didn't lose a sock, maybe you gained one. 😲 Ever consider that?

Marzipan

the internet helps scientists monitor Cicada's but not the way you might think. they're so loud that the vibrations caused by their sound vibrates fiber optic cables that lets them monitor the bug.

Last edited:

moocow

Hyundai made a new motor near hub design but no one seem to know how the car could steer. My money is on the motors are actually on a pivot linked to the steering pit arms.

Marzipan

China shares first full-size images of their Tiangong space station.

I wonder how long it will take private space to replace the ISS when it's retired in 2030.

Latest posts