What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Shadowmeph

Tried the Pilot of Watchmen and can't say I'm very impressed. Sensationalized exaggerated and forced are the words I'd use for it. Are there even any Watchmen in the Watchmen tv show? Cause I don't recognize anyone or anything so far. I don't need a superhero show to be reminded of racism or terrorism either tbh, there's enough of that in reality without seeing worse versions on TV.

Not even sure I'll keep watching it. It's not as predictable and boring as Umbrella Academy, but it's nowhere near as good as The Boys, and even further from Doom Patrol. It's just meh so far.
I watched through it and I have to agree with you

Lysrin

Starting The Witcher.
Came out today right? On my list. Almost through new season of The Expanse and only (I think) one more episode of The Mandalorian coming, so hoping The Witcher will slide nicely into that gap.

Still waiting on the next season of The Last Kingdom. That has to be getting close!

Arinoth

Staff member
I have still been enjoying this new season of the Expanse...and I'm very cautiously optimistic about the Witcher series, dear god please be good, your source material is...

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Kinda doubt the Witcher will be good. Cavil keeps getting hired for his looks, only. Not interesting or good enough an actor for the Witcher to be anything better than "meh" tbh. Unless the show is hard R, gory and better-written than GoT, it's probably going to last just one season and then be forgotten.

Arinoth

Staff member
Kinda doubt the Witcher will be good. Cavil keeps getting hired for his looks, only. Not interesting or good enough an actor for the Witcher to be anything better than "meh" tbh. Unless the show is hard R, gory and better-written than GoT, it's probably going to last just one season and then be forgotten.
That isn't why Cavil was hired for this. The guy is a MASSIVE Witcher universe fan, having read the novels at played at least Witcher 3 in his spare time. The moment he heard that Netflix was doing the series he kept telling his agent to get him a chance to try for the role. There's even a featurette with him describing stuff from the novels when talking about the Netflix show.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
That isn't why Cavil was hired for this. The guy is a MASSIVE Witcher universe fan, having read the novels at played at least Witcher 3 in his spare time. The moment he heard that Netflix was doing the series he kept telling his agent to get him a chance to try for the role. There's even a featurette with him describing stuff from the novels when talking about the Netflix show.
... Sorry but, again, so? I'm a massive Star Wars fan, doesn't mean I can act. Vin Diesel is a huge DnD fan and his DnD movie was weak.

Put it this way, Witcher came out and absolutely no one anywhere is talking about it. Mandalorian, Doom Patrol, Watchmen, Expanse.. that's what people are watching and talking about (tho I'm slightly biased about one of those, can you guess which? Haha!)

Anyway, I've never seen Cavil do anything other than an Okay acting performance. He's not bad, but he's never going to win awards either. So the Witcher is going to be far down my watch list for a while.

Twitter