What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

Watched the latest episode of Picard last night -- whew! That was a bit dark for the Star Trek setting! Although I understand Discovery is dark too, although I didn't make it past S1. Decent episode but not quite what I was expecting. Not a complaint, just an observation. I feel like the Picard show is trying to be a bit more like Star Wars than Star Trek; rag tag collection of crew members, unaffiliated ship in a more lawless galaxy, etc. Anyone else getting that vibe?

On a completely separate vein, family and I have been watching "The Wild Ones" on History channel. We're doing a lot of western horse riding and training these days so this show is pretty interesting for us. Little bit contrived in places as all these docu-dramas are, but usually it isn't too obvious.

Entz

Yeah it was. Any up for a Seven bounty hunter series lol. I like dark trek, though I understand a lot don't. Your right though it is far more Star Wars ... relaxed, nothing is perfect (It wouldn't be) etc.

BTW Discovery Season one was horrible. Like forget it exists. Start with 2... It still has issues but is lightyears ahead... and get yourself psyched for the eventual Anson Mount Pike series.

Arinoth

Staff member
We're re-watching Season 1 of AC before watching S2, wanted a refresher of sorts.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Finished AC S2 and quite enjoyed it even if I found the ending a bit rushed.

I really like the individual storyline/season format. Gives the producer a lot of room to flesh out the story, but doesn't allow for the series to fall into the trap of getting stale by dragging out serial content.

The whole Doctor Who "new person playing the lead character" vibe makes that work all the better.

Latest posts

Twitter