I watch the final ep of Picard and was very disappointed
they let the romulan spy go who apparently is the head of security for the Feds and Riker the savior why would they send in a I think 20 year retired admiral for such a thing besides I never like that character I did like the Data part .
have been watching the clone wars also watching Caslevania just started top watch that I hate to say this but I liek discovery better but Istioll dont like discovery so that doesnt say much for Picard lol the obnly reason I watched bot h of those show because it is space Scifi and not that good but they have the Star Trek name
so, the whole Romulan / Federation stand-off was expected...but it was done badly. I wasn't surprised that Picard's brain abnormality came to head...but I wished they had kept that as something to follow up later on. I did like how they killed him off though and I knew instantly that he was coming back as an android. I wasn't surprised to see Riker at the head of the Federation armada either. I was very disappointed in how the Romulan spy died by Seven...so underwhelming. she deserved a better send off. I got a kick of the Romulan battle with the orchid's. too. I also enjoyed the surprise bit of Data...though his spooling down was kind lame. as if a simulation shutters like that, LoL.
Yes it was kinda meh, but par for my expectations. #FanService
Way too tidy combined with incompetent villans and a bit random. They wrapped up what could have been several longer bits in short order in a neat clean bow. They lived happily after ever.
- You could see it coming that they were going to save someone forshadowing with the body
- The Zhat Vash are ridiculous. I mean they have multiple planet cleansing firing patterns and kept holding. Just fire FFS. They came all this way and for a group of how much they hated androids just let them go, makes no sense. Screw the federation just obliterate the thing and then warp out. They can't kill off the ships before they nuked a little village.
- I am not a fan of magic wands, fixing the ship is one thing but the jump to creating a fleet. They are not real but they some how have unique warp signatures? If they are images why do they die? . Why not just create a dozen or hundreds more flowers or borg cubes lol. Or hell it can perform miracles just let it fix Picard vs some long game about a new body. Kurtzman shiny object syndrome.
- All the crap about the borg cube was basically tossed aside, would of been neat to have it show up and help Picard. It had active weapons systems given what Narissa was trying to do
- Riker was total fan service, but he looked damm good.
- Narissa never got to make out with her brother. Poor girl.
- Jurati killed someone a few episodes ago and was willing to turn herself in now... all forgotten. Is Plot lawyers a thing?
- Picard got to be the hero with no consequences again, especially after all the talk about sacrifice. In the end nobody important actually had to sacrifice. His ego just went up a notch and he has basically learned nothing.
- Stuff with data was nice but not needed. We, and picard, didn't need a way of saying goodbye and as much as I love data the death thing was kinda cringy at the end. Full on fan service that wasn't required.
- Seven and Raffi when did that have time to happen? Not that I mind, Jerri Ryan/Seven can be a regular any day.
Someone elsewhere mentioned, its like its following the JJ Abrams philosophy of come up with a bunch of ideas and throw them at the wall and hope they stick. Continuity and reasoning be dammed. Kurtzman is the same, why discovery was such a mess at time.
oh...and 10 episodes is not a season! that's a really piss-off thing for me. the new Star Trek's have really annoyed people because of their SMJ stuff...but I think most of it is due to them being a serial, where each episode flows into the next. theall previous ST were their own subject that only bled into 2nd episodes if needed. and yeah, the thing where everythign is good with Jurati after she killed the Dr. really stinks. and why all the mourning when they were working to resurrect Picard as a 'droid?
Hardware Canucks is focused in-depth reviews of the the latest graphics cards, CPUs, storage, smartphones, notebooks and gaming peripherals. Join us as we unbox, review and benchmark the best computer hardware on the market.