What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

naugrim

One of the interesting things about the show's creator was he tries to use local people (actors/non-actors) for authenticity. He was also the creator of Treme (same mo, he used local musicians where he could regardless of if they were actors or not (Kermit is an example))

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I finally got around to watching the first couple episodes of Watchmen. I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but I'm enjoying the story so far.

FreeKnight

I really enjoyed Frasier when I was a kid. Not too sure about a reboot. With the actor that played Martin dead, having the dad out of the picture removes the 'grounded' character.

I still may give it a watch, but as Grammer's aged he's really bought into the ultra-conservative nuttery (pro-Michelle Bachmann, pro-Trump, pro-Putin, pro-rightwing cable, etc) and I'm skeptical he won't veer the show into kook territory.

FreeKnight

I seem to recall reading that the actor that played Fraser's brother and the English chick won't be in the reboot.
Last I saw Niles' actor is currently in discussion but not confirmed/finalized. Haven't heard anything about if the actress that played Daphne is in discussions or not.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
And finished the Watchmen series. 9 episodes over 3 days is a lot for me, but I really enjoyed it.