What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

sswilson

Staff member
I'd say this about all the Disney+ Marvell shows thus far, they're ok in the moment, but nothing super memorable. I think this long-drawn-out TV format that things have migrated towards just isn't great... there's realistically only a 2-3 hours of story/script, but they drag it out over 8-10hrs it feels.
I find the great majority of current TV series' feel like that to me and it's why I watch very little TV these days.

Arinoth

Staff member
I may be weird or I may not be but I've been enjoying the new Dexter season, feels a lot like the older seasons.

Izerous

Folding Team
question for you guys...what sports do you like to watch?

I like slow sports, so curling, lawn bowling, darts and such.
I used to watch F1 with my Dad when I was younger I find it hard to watch as an adult. I actually dislike watching most sports I'd rather be participating than watching. I don't care for hockey, indoor volleyball is boring, basket ball all of it I find really hard to watch.

Wife's grandparents love curling and they always ask for it to be on when they are visiting. I can tolerate it because of the strategy involved but the actual action itself sometimes feels as exciting as watching paint dry.

The only sport I watched say more than a couple hours over the past couple years has been professional level disk golf. I have actually been looking into getting a set of disks because there are some courses in the surrounding area and it seems like a good way to spend a couple hours basically going for a walk and throwing a frisbee. I know being good at it is a lot more than that and like most things it is difficult to master but it seems like an easy thing to pick up and I could involve my oldest kid.

While I was still in Kendo I'd watch tournaments and such but with the situation at home, work scehdules, kids etc I stopped going a while ago and kinda stopped watching at the same time.

Izerous

Folding Team
Even though I don't watch it anymore I'd still love to go try watching a live race. They were having indy races in Edmonton for a couple years before they banned the event, however at the time I was a broke student with massive student loans. Justifying the ticket price on my limited budget at the time was really hard so I never went. The year I could afford it was the year they banned it.

Edit: Was kinda soul crushing each year they ran it as I was close enough to the city center airport that I could hear the cars all day long.

Given the option though I'd definitely want to go to a city circuits like Melboune. Even 100's of hours I put into Gran Turismo 3 in high school my favorite circuits were always the city ones.

sswilson

Staff member
Won Undrid An Atey!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand darts enough to know what that means. I watched a lot of darts at lunch time...but the last time I did watch was 4+ years ago.

Maybe I didn't do a good enough job of trying to spell it out phonetically.....

It's essentially the Darts version of Soccer's Goooooaaaaaaalllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Twitter