What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

wedge22

I agree that The Expanse is one of the best science fiction shows I have seen in a long time and I have enjoyed every episode so far, the plot, characters, effects and costumes are all top notch.

lowfat

Staff member
I agree that The Expanse is one of the best science fiction shows I have seen in a long time and I have enjoyed every episode so far, the plot, characters, effects and costumes are all top notch.

Did you watch the first two episodes of this season? Episode was legit.

Without a doubt the best book to TV/movie adaptation I've seen. They are changing almost nothing so far. Not like The Magicians, where pretty much nothing is the same. Still enjoying it though.

AkG

Did you watch the first two episodes of this season? Episode was legit.

Without a doubt the best book to TV/movie adaptation I've seen. They are changing almost nothing so far. Not like The Magicians, where pretty much nothing is the same. Still enjoying it though.

Yup. Some of the best sci-fi on the boob tube. Complete opposite of Kill Joys and Dark Matter (which both had potential... if not for being infected with 'gurrrrl power!'). Its amazing how they managed to snag so many good actors/actresses for it. Just wish they had been picked up by Netflix instead so we could get an entire season at once. :haha:

sswilson

Staff member
Yup. Some of the best sci-fi on the boob tube. Complete opposite of Kill Joys and Dark Matter (which both had potential... if not for being infected with 'gurrrrl power!'). Its amazing how they managed to snag so many good actors/actresses for it. Just wish they had been picked up by Netflix instead so we could get an entire season at once. :haha:

It's on Crave TV for those of us who haven't cut the cord yet..... ;)

Arinoth

Staff member
Definitely will start to take a look at The Expanse thanks to all the positive comments about it.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I watched the first episode of Season 1 of The Expanse tonight, it's definitely on my list to finish.

I also watched the first episode of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on Netflix tonight. It's based on Douglas Adam's books who was also the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. The books were wonderfully wacky, and the first episode is just way out there, almost hard to follow. Elijah Wood's performance is pretty good. I'm kind of in shock that someone bought into doing this as a TV series. They're trying hard to stick to DA's style of writing, but the series doesn't have a lot to do with the events of the first book that I can recall. I'll be watching a couple more episodes to see how it goes.

I've got about 7 episodes left of The Flash on my PVR that might get erased. It's kind of lost me. There's too much reliance on the time travel "It's all a dream" gimmick.

Prickly007

Anyone watching the new serie Taboo with Tom Hardy?

Not yet- first episode still in the queue.

Just wish they had been picked up by Netflix instead so we could get an entire season at once. :haha:

Hear! Hear!

It's got to the point now that there are a lot of shows where I'll wait until the entire season has aired before I'll start watching.

sswilson

Staff member
Not yet- first episode still in the queue.

Hear! Hear!

It's got to the point now that there are a lot of shows where I'll wait until the entire season has aired before I'll start watching.

I suspect that's what I'm going to end up doing with The Expanse, but who knows, maybe I'll break down once I've got at least 5 on the PVR.

Arinoth

Staff member
Caught up on the Expanse already, took her two episodes to get into, but after that it's been binge watching when we do watch our TV.

Inik

Folding Team
Watched the first episode with the GF, looking good so far!

Anyone also watching Vikings? I was skeptical of this show at first, but it's so good! Just watched the season finale.

Latest posts

Twitter