What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Mopower

Currently watching:
Night Sky
Outer Range

Waiting for the next season of:
Into the Night
Yakamoz S-245
The Expanse
Yellowstone
Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Lysrin

Might get out to see Top Gun: Maverick this weekend. Being a minor fighter jet buff, I'm sure I will enjoy it and find it annoying all at the same time. I think it's best to approach like a jet action arcade game and not like a jet simulator :)
Did get to see Top Gun: Maverick on the weekend and it was excellent we thought. Very satisfying stuff all around. And the air combat was certainly action-oriented as you would expected, but they actually did a good job story-wise explaining it, did use some actual real world tactics, and it was just a whole lot of fun.

We saw it in a Cineplex theatre called ScreenX. I hadn't seen a movie in that tech before, but the entire side walls of the theatre are screens too. So when it made sense, the fighters flying, combat, carrier launches and landings, etc., the correct imagery was projected on the side walls. Not a necessary thing to enjoy the movie, but I thought it was pretty cool. Worked very well for this one and I would take it over 3D.

Shadowmeph

Finally finished Picard which to me the writers seemed to drag out a few eps then rush the end, I wonder if they are the same writers of Star Trek Discovery because at least one of the characters is pretty close to a character in Picard, I finished Halo, and Obi-wan Kenobi also. I am Mid season 5 of Supernatural

Shadowmeph

I still haven't watched the last season of the expanse hehe I mean the show to me was ok mostly a time killer I did like some of the characters. but in my spare time, I have been playing CB2077 trying different mods and life paths

Lysrin

New trailer for Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. I really hope this is going to be good, but I am keep my expectations in check.

FreeKnight

Watched the latest season of 'The Boys' and part two of the latest season of Stranger Things.

I enjoyed both, though 'The Boys' somewhat felt like nothing major happened most of the season and save for Starfire, most of the crew is largely in the same place they were before.

ST was a bit ho-hum for most of the season for me. Still good, but it kind of meandered a bit too much. The original 4 boys have kind of become side characters at this point
I'm disappointed they killed Eddie though. I expected it, but thought he was a good character and should have stuck around
. The finale largely made up for the rest of the season though (IMO)

Dwayne

New trailer for Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power. I really hope this is going to be good, but I am keep my expectations in check.

I like this guy's reviews and takes. Some may not, but, eh. Anyway, I hope they do a good job, but it doesn't look like it. Language warning for those that might not like swearing.

Latest posts

Twitter