What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

Rewatching the Sherlock series, the one with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, with the family. My wife and I had watched a long time ago, when it was new, but now that my daughter is old enough we are enjoying them again.

sswilson

Staff member
Tried to start Andor..... Dunno if it's my TV, or the stream I was getting, but we turned it off after about 10 minutes. So dark it's completely unwatchable. (Thought maybe only the "club" and the prison scene were stupidly dark to set the tone, but the next act was set on a different planet and still too dark to be able to watch).

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Tried to start Andor..... Dunno if it's my TV, or the stream I was getting, but we turned it off after about 10 minutes. So dark it's completely unwatchable. (Thought maybe only the "club" and the prison scene were stupidly dark to set the tone, but the next act was set on a different planet and still too dark to be able to watch).
the only time it's not 'dark' is when they're outside or inside the Imperial Security Bureau.

sswilson

Staff member

Managed to clear this up.... it's apparently some kind of issue between the Rogers STB and the HDR on the TCL TV. Watching it from the Disney+ app on the TV's internal Google TV looks fine (as does the HBO stream of House of Dragons from the TV's app in spite of being abysmally bad from the STB) so I guess I'll have to start using the dedicated app as opposed to the one they've got in the STB.

Extra steps to watch the content, but at least it works.

Shadowmeph

actually been watching for the first time wire in the blood I think it was on here someone mentioned it last year and I just got around to watching it now its older TV series but pretty good once I got past the first few eps intro music

Lysrin

Managed to clear this up.... it's apparently some kind of issue between the Rogers STB and the HDR on the TCL TV. Watching it from the Disney+ app on the TV's internal Google TV looks fine (as does the HBO stream of House of Dragons from the TV's app in spite of being abysmally bad from the STB) so I guess I'll have to start using the dedicated app as opposed to the one they've got in the STB.

Extra steps to watch the content, but at least it works.
Glad you figured that out because I was going to comment that we haven't had any issues with picture quality. Show looks really good actually I thought. Very similar to how Rogue One was shot, lighting, etc. That is a weird situation you stumbled upon there. Definitely not dark or hard to watch in my setup. But I am just running Disney+ app from phone, to Chromecast Ultra, to receiver, to my 1080p plasma TV (pushing 13 years old now and still one of best pictures I've seen).

Glad you aren't missing out! I think it's a brilliant show so far.

Shadowmeph

I finished Wire in the blood decent series for old TV shows but I am not sure of the ending of how it ended it seems like maybe something happened in the real world that made the series just end like that.
I am not sure what I am going to watch next because I usually watch these shows when I get home from work at 1 am so I really don't think something like GOT would be good to watch because that show really dragged things meaning you have to watch the whole season binge-watching maybe I will watch Chuck instead hehe
I watched sell my haunted home I think it was in Korean which is funny because even though I didn't understand the language I actually understood what was going on hehe

Last edited:

Latest posts