What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Mopower

All seven episodes of Outer Range season 2 will be dropped on May 15th and Rebel Moon Scargiver is coming on the 19th of this month. Stay tuned.

LaughingCrow

Started watching Fallout tonight.

After first two episodes it is doing ok. I mean one thing is for sure I certainly want to play Fallout again because of it. As for the show itself, so far it is better than I thought it would be, but not great either. For anyone that doesn't know the lore I think they could enjoy it, but for those that do it is a double edged sword. Tons of little easter eggs, but also just things that are wrong.

All in all I will continue watching it and will see where it goes.
Watched 2 episodes over the last 2 days. Didn't understand some of the plot (how everyone seemed to know the same thing at the same time) and some other things that didn't add up. Thought they did excellent on the costumes, characters, the vaults and the world environment. But not enough to pull me in to want to watch more. I did play a lot of Fallout 4 and still have a Vault Tec thumbs-up bobble head.

1st time I watched Prime since Amazon threatened ads way back and wasn't looking forward to that. But what did stand out for me was no ads. 👍👍 Thumbs-up moment. I don't even own a tv mostly because of ads.

Lysrin

Watched 2 episodes over the last 2 days. Didn't understand some of the plot (how everyone seemed to know the same thing at the same time) and some other things that didn't add up. Thought they did excellent on the costumes, characters, the vaults and the world environment. But not enough to pull me in to want to watch more. I did play a lot of Fallout 4 and still have a Vault Tec thumbs-up bobble head.

1st time I watched Prime since Amazon threatened ads way back and wasn't looking forward to that. But what did stand out for me was no ads. 👍👍 Thumbs-up moment. I don't even own a tv mostly because of ads.
We've still been watching a couple series on Prime even with the ads. It isn't bad. Often only 1, never more than two, ads at a time and sometimes only once in an episode, but more often than not twice. I don't love it. Do I want to pay more to not have them? Not likely. But at least it still is a lot less than the "glory days" of old TV where it seemed you sometimes got more ads than show!

sswilson

Staff member
We've still been watching a couple series on Prime even with the ads. It isn't bad. Often only 1, never more than two, ads at a time and sometimes only once in an episode, but more often than not twice. I don't love it. Do I want to pay more to not have them? Not likely. But at least it still is a lot less than the "glory days" of old TV where it seemed you sometimes got more ads than show!

My problem with the ads on Prime are that they're not "curated" for the content. They're arbitrarily inserted without any concern for what part of the scene they're going to appear. There might be some kind of algorithm running in the background that's trying to prevent them from cutting into a scene mid-sentence, but I'm not convinced it's there (or working as planned), and it most certainly doesn't insert itself into the type of "break" that TV shows were designed with (and movies shown on tv were "curated" for).

Lysrin

My problem with the ads on Prime are that they're not "curated" for the content. They're arbitrarily inserted without any concern for what part of the scene they're going to appear. There might be some kind of algorithm running in the background that's trying to prevent them from cutting into a scene mid-sentence, but I'm not convinced it's there (or working as planned), and it most certainly doesn't insert itself into the type of "break" that TV shows were designed with (and movies shown on tv were "curated" for).
Oh really? Now the only experience we've had since the ads started has been Chicago Med, and now Chicago PD. In both of those shows, originally made for network TV, the ads have been either at the beginning, or in what would clearly be an ad break spot if it was on network TV.

I could see that would be an issue if the show was streaming only and didn't have those obvious breaks. It'd be much harder for the algorithm.

The only other thing, now that I think about it, was a couple of episodes of Reacher season 2, but I don't recall anything being too jarring there ad position wise. Maybe I just didn't notice?