What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

SugarJ

Staff member
If you think of The Mandalorian as a serial western like Gunsmoke or Bonanza (I watched reruns with my grandparents when I was a kid), it gets a bit more palatable. Not every episode is going to be great. Although I'll admit that as soon as I saw Gina Carano on screen I kinda knew this episode wasn't going to be top notch.

JD

Staff member
Am I the only person here who's watching "Watchmen"? Pretty damn surreal, and getting more so with each episode. :)
I feel like I need to read the graphic novel first to make any sense of it? Granted I only watched episode one, but was totally lost, so I stopped.

That being said, I read the first chapter of it too, and it surely didn't make things any better for me.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I think it's more like the new(ish) star trek movies in that the story(s) does/don't follow the existing canon to the letter. You just need to accept the fact that watchmen exist(ed) and let it go from there.

SugarJ

Staff member
Well, I was able to load the first episode on my Crave account so I'll be adding it to my lengthy list of things to catch up on.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Am I the only person here who's watching "Watchmen"? Pretty damn surreal, and getting more so with each episode. :)
It's on my list, just haven't gotten to it yet. Have YOU watched Doom Patrol yet? I know I harp on about it like a parrot stuck in a loop, but I really do feel it's special. If you have seen it though, even better: how does it compare to Watchmen?

Shadowmeph

I Have been watching watchmen isnt there only one episode left? the show is a little confusing for me it takes a bit for things to sink in lol but at the same time to me most of it is a tiny little bit predictable but as for the strange things like the memory pills and who ever that is that in the last ewpisode is in court some where kind of has me curious as to WTH is going on and what the show is all about. it is obvious that what I knew of as what I thought was watchmen is totally different the what I am actually seeing

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
It's on my list, just haven't gotten to it yet. Have YOU watched Doom Patrol yet? I know I harp on about it like a parrot stuck in a loop, but I really do feel it's special. If you have seen it though, even better: how does it compare to Watchmen?
I don't have access to it on the services I subscribe to.

Lpfan4ever

The last season of The Man in the High Castle has been great. I got what-a-twist'd at the end of episode 9, only the finale left now.

Latest posts

Twitter