What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

I am really looking forward to Expanse season 4. I find they have done a good job keeping a season-sized story line while at the same time keeping the overall story arch moving. Plus, it is based on the books and there are a lot of them, so if they are using that as there source it should be good. I am certainly enjoying reading the books.

Also, new Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker trailer. Can't link it atm. Search it up! Kind of made the movie look different again.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I am really looking forward to Expanse season 4. I find they have done a good job keeping a season-sized story line while at the same time keeping the overall story arch moving. Plus, it is based on the books and there are a lot of them, so if they are using that as there source it should be good. I am certainly enjoying reading the books.
I should read the books too I guess.

I do disagree with your assessment though as Expanse has been dropped twice and the only reason we have a s4 coming is due to Amazon and I fully expect it'll be dropped at the end of s4. LoL.

I read an article about how Netflix makes a show but only lets it go a few seasons n then drops it. they're creating a catalog of content and can't continue and fund new at the same time, so even if something has promise or high viewer #'s it's likely to get killed. :p

mGz

Don't judge but... Rick and Morty seasons 1-3.

I didn't watch it when it was current.

Lysrin

I do disagree with your assessment though as Expanse has been dropped twice and the only reason we have a s4 coming is due to Amazon and I fully expect it'll be dropped at the end of s4. LoL.

I dunno, I thought I read that Amazon has already committed to a S4 and S5. We'll see.

We can agree to disagree ;) However, whether or not a show gets dropped has nothing to with whether it is any good or not, imo. Most of the shows I really like get dropped. I find several well-written, clever shows just go over the masses' heads, or don't have enough titillating content, and so the numbers are low. That sounds arrogant on my part I suppose. I like to think I am a "refined consumer" lol Don't burst my bubble!

Arinoth

Staff member
I should read the books too I guess.

I read an article about how Netflix makes a show but only lets it go a few seasons n then drops it. they're creating a catalog of content and can't continue and fund new at the same time, so even if something has promise or high viewer #'s it's likely to get killed. :p

What in the the Hell are you talking about? Sci-fi dropped it because it wasn't doing well enough when it aired vs how well it was doing streaming. They also stated they usually only green-lite project like these for 2-3 years unless they do well when they air, they are not primarily a streaming service. Netflix and Amazon each respectively had streaming rights in different markets and in both cases did quite well for views numbers. They added it because of this, how good the show is, and the amount of interest that was shown to keep the show going.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
What in the the Hell are you talking about? Sci-fi dropped it because it wasn't doing well enough when it aired vs how well it was doing streaming. They also stated they usually only green-lite project like these for 2-3 years unless they do well when they air, they are not primarily a streaming service. Netflix and Amazon each respectively had streaming rights in different markets and in both cases did quite well for views numbers. They added it because of this, how good the show is, and the amount of interest that was shown to keep the show going.
then why did Netflix drop it after only one season?

Arinoth

Staff member
then why did Netflix drop it after only one season?

Maybe you should stick to talking about things you know about. Netflix only ever had the streaming rights in certain regions. They did not fund nor produce The Expanse. People wanted Netflix or Amazon to pick it up when the Sci-Fi channel announced they would no longer be funding/carry the show. Fans pursued both of those streaming companies and Amazon was the one who decided to pick it up, as they had streaming rights for the regions Netflix didn't.

Lysrin

Yeah, don't believe it was ever available on Netflix in Canada. I watched S1 and S2 on Crave and then purchased S3 on Google Play. S3 will likely be an orphaned purchase in my library but I had to watch it! :)

Lysrin

Watching The Spy on Netflix. On episode 4, really finding it a good watch (y) Quite impressed with Sacha Baron Cohen's acting in this one.

Latest posts