What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Well The Witcher has been out for a few hours...

Watchmen may have reviewed well, but it bombed hard. Besides this thread, I've barely heard it mentioned. Doom Patrol, never ever heard of it :eek:.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Well The Witcher has been out for a few hours...

Watchmen may have reviewed well, but it bombed hard. Besides this thread, I've barely heard it mentioned. Doom Patrol, never ever heard of it :eek:.

Still could've been early reviews for Witcher all over, and I've seen not a word about it.
And yes Watchmen is... Kinda bad so far.

Don't you dare wound me about Doom Patrol tho. It's honestly another Firefly/Futurama. It deserves more attention than it gets, honestly.

Arinoth

Staff member
I will agree Doom Patrol is quite a good show, though it does seem to not have gotten as much attention as other shows.

Lysrin

I dunno, I like Cavill. Thought he was a good Superman anyway. I'm hopeful for him as Geralt but not sure I have the interest in hard R stuff. I'll check it out but I get a bit tired of the gore and nudity just because we can in shows these days. I get it if it matches up with the books though; I haven't read them. Still not crazy about who they cast for Yennifer and Ciri though. Opinion about them so far @lowfat ?

About nudity I can remember back to NYPD Blue and in the first few seasons they always put the skin peeks in the last 10 min of the show so people would watch to the end. Humans are predictable creatures 😁

Last edited:

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I just finished watching 1000 planets and Valerian something. I know it was badly panned, but I thought it was funny...it was trying to be serious while everything around it was comedy gold...which I think was their intention, just didn't pan out so well with the viewers.

Lysrin

Reviews popping up for Netflix The Witcher now. PC Gamer liked it. Others say fun but flawed. Mixed bag it seems. I shall form my own opinion before too much longer I hope 😉

Edit: actually after skimming the web a bit more, seems more reviews leaning to the positive than negative, and praise for Cavill. Maybe he'll win you over in this one @CMetaphor 😄

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

saving Wither for the weekend probably Pizza other junk food and binge watching . Doom patrol was funny I liked it wasn't Doom patrol kind of introduced through Titans? as for watchmen I really didn't quit get it to me it was one of those shows where I am not sure what to make of it I think that it is one of those shows where it doesn't make any full sense until you watch more then one season this issue with this is just to make it through and hope that it was worth the time spent on watching it dont get me wrong I thought that acting was pretty decent it is just the story to me doesn't make a full sense I probably am missing something what is the purpose as to why those things where happening and a pile of other questions I could ask. I did find it a little curious and funny that the blue guy Doc Man since he can shape shift into anyone and any shape and apparently doesn't care about himself meaning he is selfless and enlightened why is his Penis over average size? not that it really matters but if I was an enlightened being why would I have a penis or any sexual organs at all hehe

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Watched the first episode tonight, decent enough to rate watching the second episode, but not enough that I felt compelled to binge watch it all night... :)

The swordplay looked pretty damn good, but I wonder how quickly that'll get old. :)

lowfat

Staff member
I though pacing was off at first. But I think Geralt and Yennefer's stories are happening before Ciri is born.

Latest posts