What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

I dunno, I liked all the episodes of Picard. Personally I think there was character development that needed to happen there and they are doing it well.

One example, we needed to have it explained how he went from the perfect darling of the Federation to someone who needs redemption. We needed to understand why he wasn't comfortable in retirement at the vineyard. I wasn't sure what I thought of that at first, but as they took me through the first two episodes it won me over.

My opinion of course ;)

Arinoth

Staff member
Finished up the last season of Legion over the weekend, that was a weird show, enjoyed it, but holy hell was it ever weird.

Entz

I dunno, I liked all the episodes of Picard. Personally I think there was character development that needed to happen there and they are doing it well.

My opinion of course ;)
For me the issue is perhaps one of ordering

Like they should of had the reason why he was forced to retire near the start when he was musing about the vineyard or the interview. It seems like they only stuck it where they did because they needed to introduce Raffi not document the fall of Picard. Could of elaborated on it a bit more.

I guess I don't like character building in flashbacks. I expect the same will happen with Raffi. Ohh she has a mysterious past between getting fired and now and FreeCloud is the new secret and we will get the details when its relevant to the plot and used to save the day :p

Also WTF is up with the Cersei and Jaime vibes. unless "brother" is just a loose term in Romulan like calling someone "Daddy".

Lysrin

For me the issue is perhaps one of ordering

Like they should of had the reason why he was forced to retire near the start when he was musing about the vineyard or the interview. It seems like they only stuck it where they did because they needed to introduce Raffi not document the fall of Picard. Could of elaborated on it a bit more.

I guess I don't like character building in flashbacks. I expect the same will happen with Raffi. Ohh she has a mysterious past between getting fired and now and FreeCloud is the new secret and we will get the details when its relevant to the plot and used to save the day :p

Also WTF is up with the Cersei and Jaime vibes. unless "brother" is just a loose term in Romulan like calling someone "Daddy".

Yeah, valid points. I can see what you mean although I didn't mind it as it was developing.

And yeah I hear you about the vibes! I think brother just means brother but I really hope they don't go all creepy weird with them. We really don't need THAT angle in Star Trek!

sswilson

Staff member
Finally got around to finishing the whole season of Witcher... as somebody who hasn't read the book(s) I enjoyed it and found that the timeline seems to be cleaned up well enough by the end of the season....

I should watch the episode again, but one particular set of scenes didn't strike me as meeting the same quality of the rest of the series.

The only thing that didn't impress me much was the quality of the CGI for the Gold Dragon.... I'll have to watch that again, but it didn't seem to match up with the quality of CGI for the "monsters" in other episodes

sswilson

Staff member
Oh, and altered carbon starts up again on the 27'th.

What's Netflix's standard practice? They tend to drop the whole season at once don't they?

lowfat

Staff member
Oh, and altered carbon starts up again on the 27'th.

What's Netflix's standard practice? They tend to drop the whole season at once don't they?
For any show that only airs on Netflix yes. Sometimes they also buy rights to other shows that air on normal TV, which in case they'd air an episode per week.

Lysrin

Finally got around to finishing the whole season of Witcher... as somebody who hasn't read the book(s) I enjoyed it and found that the timeline seems to be cleaned up well enough by the end of the season....

I should watch the episode again, but one particular set of scenes didn't strike me as meeting the same quality of the rest of the series.

The only thing that didn't impress me much was the quality of the CGI for the Gold Dragon.... I'll have to watch that again, but it didn't seem to match up with the quality of CGI for the "monsters" in other episodes

I completely agree with this spoiler info! I found that lacking as well.

Arinoth

Staff member
I look forward to watching the next season of Altered Carbon, I currently started Frontier. My only complaint is some of the dark scenes are obscenely dark for my TV...I may this year have to get one that does a better job with low light then my current 6+ year old Samsung.

FreeKnight

I look forward to watching the next season of Altered Carbon, I currently started Frontier. My only complaint is some of the dark scenes are obscenely dark for my TV...I may this year have to get one that does a better job with low light then my current 6+ year old Samsung.
OLED! OLED! OLED! ;)

Latest posts