What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Shadowmeph

Finished AC S2 and quite enjoyed it even if I found the ending a bit rushed.

I really like the individual storyline/season format. Gives the producer a lot of room to flesh out the story, but doesn't allow for the series to fall into the trap of getting stale by dragging out serial content.

The whole Doctor Who "new person playing the lead character" vibe makes that work all the better.
I enjoyed it also and agree seemed a little rushed . I love Doc Who and when Iknow the season is down am going to Bing watch it . there was allot of flak about the doc coming back as female but to me I was surprised it didn't happen earlier

Herne

I enjoyed it also and agree seemed a little rushed . I love Doc Who and when Iknow the season is down am going to Bing watch it . there was allot of flak about the doc coming back as female but to me I was surprised it didn't happen earlier
Flak from manchildren and gamer gaters. I haven't seen her yet, but my only disappointment with the choice was there was a rumour Richard Ayoade was being considered and I think he would have been fantastic.

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

the one thing I always liked about most of the doctors they still seemed to have a part of the one in all of them the adventurous curious scattered brained type thing with the Ohh I wonder what this does push ooops hehe

Shadowmeph

still slowly going through "the feed" I am not sure if it is good or bad I mean I see all of the little messages in it that relate to the real world and addition of tech and privacy that people seem to not really care about or more accurate know they are revealing about there own personal lives to everyone

Lysrin

Finally got back to the Expanses. I did not really like it at first, but we are in early S04 now..and it's good!

It's a show that grew on me too. Part way through S1 I was kind of saying "I don't get it... why are people so crazy about this?!" But then it progressed, the Belters won me over, and now I'm a big fan! :)

Also, I really enjoyed the latest episode of Picard. No spoilers, but over all I am enjoying the show quite a bit. It is a nice change of pace and feel to the Star Trek realm I think.

Shadowmeph

It's a show that grew on me too. Part way through S1 I was kind of saying "I don't get it... why are people so crazy about this?!" But then it progressed, the Belters won me over, and now I'm a big fan! :)

Also, I really enjoyed the latest episode of Picard. No spoilers, but over all I am enjoying the show quite a bit. It is a nice change of pace and feel to the Star Trek realm I think.
Picard I amhaving issue of it being kind very slow in that Iamd very sure that since it is half season it will slowly pick up and then lp;eave us wit ha cliff hanger. if it makes it to season two I think I will watch it the same way as I di GOT and the expanse wait until the season has ended get my food ready then bing watch it Ithink this is the only way I would enjoy it jus tlike the other shows I had to get the whole season then bing watch them to enjoy them, hehe with pcard Iam haveign things twith the story lines conflicting with other things that I already know it would be allot ewasier if it was just say characters that are not from SF and not known but becasue they are using characters that seem to at times confluict with previous story or the way things are about races of wha tthe ycan and cannot do ( just to name one thing) it makes it ahrd for me because it distracts me just enough but yres the last ep wasn't to bad when compared to the others I never really like Picard but I dispised the riker character but I was surprised at myself when I didnt not not like Riker as much as I did before .
Picard always seemed like a Dandy wussy as for riker I think the best potrail of him was in a n ep of STNG when Barclay made a version Of riker I laughed so hard because that is how I always seen riker hehe

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
so, what are your thoughts for the last episode of Picard? I enjoyed several things and was confused by another...

1- the connection they made to the Borg cube being abandoned by the collective after they assimilated the Romulan that belonged to the Zhat Vash, as they saw the 'warning' she survived experiencing.

2 - the irony in finding out the Zhat Vash are actually the enemy and root cause of all the chaos after they played such a prominent part in helping Picard due to their close bond developed when Romulus was destroyed.

3 - it's neat watching the Borg get more back story and discovery with 7 doing what she's doing. also...when she became the queen and created a mini collective, did she actually connect to the actual hive? cause when the kid asked if she was gonna assimilate him, the 'queen' said, 'no, Anica still has work to be done'. who was that talking?

4 - here's the thing that really confused me though. the planet at the center of the 8 stars is the warning about the dangers of synthetic life. however...when Soji recalled all the info after the meeting and started prepping the ship to go to the 'home' she suddenly became aware of, it seems like it is also the planet at the center of the 8 stars. further...the Zhat Vash had the scene were recruits experienced the warning on that planet...yet they are trying to find and destroy it? there's a lot of disconnect there and I'm not making heads or tails of it. :p

so, what did you like / dislike?

Entz

seven only set up a local collective, that cube cannot be connected to the main hive (been cut off completely)

I believe it was the collective that let her go but as pretty much the only Borg left on the cube not sure if it was just her saying so lol.

as for the planet, Soji home isn’t in the Center of the 8 AFAICT. The Center of that is where the fountain thing at the start is.

the episode was way to much in to little time. Show has pacing issues lol. Lots of fluff the jam 10 episodes into the last 3

Last edited: