What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

I'll admit, I burned out reading the books. Didn't finish the last few. But I would give this a try. I didn't realise this was being made.

The Wheel of Time series on Prime, coming in November according to this teaser:

Last edited:

FreeKnight

I'll admit, I burned out reading the books. Didn't finish the last few. But I would give this a try. I didn't realise this was being made.

The Wheel of Time series on Prime, coming in November according to this teaser:

Honestly, the books hit some real dull, long stretches, with nearly pointless new characters added. I read the whole series, but I don't think it's the best fantasy series ever written by any means.

It's also got what like 13 books in total? I'm thinking the chances it doesn't get cancelled before they finish it is pretty low.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It's supposed to be quite different than the books, with the TV series focusing on Moraine's storyline (Rosamund Pyke).

sswilson

Staff member
It's supposed to be quite different than the books, with the TV series focusing on Moraine's storyline (Rosamund Pyke).

Nobody knows for sure, but the most likely plotlines I've seen suggest that it's more than likely just the first season which focuses on Moraine which allows for the easiest route for explaining the origins of the rest of the story.

Lysrin

If "quite different from the books" is true... why would you do that? And @sswilson you mean just the first season of the show would be different to allow for a set up to tell the book stories?

sswilson

Staff member
If "quite different from the books" is true... why would you do that? And @sswilson you mean just the first season of the show would be different to allow for a set up to tell the book stories?

Yes, mainly that the first season will be focused on Moraine, but that won't necessarily carry forward into later seasons. The books worked in a similar fashion, a few of them were focused primarily on the plotline of a single character (or group).

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I watched The Protégé with Samuel L. Jackson, Maggi Q and Michael Keaton.

it was entertaining :)

it's cool to see Keaton getting back into onscreen acting again...not just cameos and voice acting. but damn does he look old. that man's got wrinkles...buuut, that makes sense. he turned 70 only a few days ago.

Latest posts