What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Bond007

Weekly family show...Hawkeye. In my opinion it is OK at best. Not really drawing me in at all, but we will see if it develops at all. Currently 3 episodes released.

Lysrin

Weekly family show...Hawkeye. In my opinion it is OK at best. Not really drawing me in at all, but we will see if it develops at all. Currently 3 episodes released.
Oh really? We've been watching it. I thought it was pretty good. I wasn't sure at the beginning, thinking "Why can't we just have a show about Hawkeye himself?" but Hailee Steinfeld's character is growing on me. I thought there was some good synergy between her in Clint. I really liked her when she was younger in the True Grit remake though, so maybe that is winning me over ;)

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Oh really? We've been watching it. I thought it was pretty good. I wasn't sure at the beginning, thinking "Why can't we just have a show about Hawkeye himself?" but Hailee Steinfeld's character is growing on me. I thought there was some good synergy between her in Clint. I really liked her when she was younger in the True Grit remake though, so maybe that is winning me over ;)
1st episode was disappointing...2nd was better and the 3rd is keeping my interest. the way they ended ep 3 was pretty cheesy though and made me groan and roll my eyes. :p

Bond007

Never watched true grit.

I also think the third episode was the best. I do like the story, but for whatever reason I only find it mediocre. We will see.

JD

Staff member
but for whatever reason I only find it mediocre
I'd say this about all the Disney+ Marvell shows thus far, they're ok in the moment, but nothing super memorable. I think this long-drawn-out TV format that things have migrated towards just isn't great... there's realistically only a 2-3 hours of story/script, but they drag it out over 8-10hrs it feels.

Latest posts