What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The 'What are you watching' Thread

Lysrin

I am curious though... not Andor but in general, why do they keep making wide format shows that don't fit on anyone's TVs and that aren't going to be shown in theatres that can correctly show that format? I get it for a theatre movie, that I then watch on my TV. But why these shows?
I should qualify this with the fact that they do display nicely on an ultrawide monitor sometimes. But even when an ultrawide was my main monitor, watching movies or TV shows on my PC was never my preferred option.

@FreeKnight there have definitely been some great Star Wars games. That's what made me say "again". But the real high quality, good story, PC-style ones are long in the past. I'd like something like that again. Fallen Order was just okay. Had its moments for sure though. And I've taken us way off thread topic again lol

Lysrin

Fallen Order was fantastic. Just damn hard at times. Absolutely will be picking up the sequel.
I know you really liked it, and I knew you'd comment! 😁 I did enjoy a lot of it. Biggest complaint from me would be too much jumping puzzle/sliding around type stuff. But it was the best of recent Star Wars games for sure.

Shadowmeph

We used to. Heck I was never a Star Wars movie fan but I loved a lot of Star Wars games.

X-Wing/Tie Fighter were DOS classics.
The SNES Star Wars games generally were considered great platformers.
Shadows of the Empire was a defining N64 game.
Rogue Squadron was a great series spanning N64-Gamecube.
Battlefront I&II were local co-op greats
etc..

Finally, Knights of the Old Republic I&II are absolute gems of storytelling and world building. I'd argue KOTOR does a better job of telling Star Wars stories than Episodes I-III, VI-IX. Really 'Star Wars' and 'Empire Strikes Back' are the only movies I'd consider 'good'. ROTJ was pretty .... not great. The prequels I didn't really enjoy, and would say Episode 8 was the only one of the new films I found interesting and unique (the less said about IX the better IMO).

The new KOTOR remake could be amazing, but I suspect it's a year or two out yet. Didn't play Fallen Order so I can't speak to that one. Squadrons was just alright. I think once the license went to EA, we really saw the end of great SP Star Wars games. Maybe that'll change soon, but who knows
I loved tie fighter ( the dos PC game) I used to play it all the time until my old ( not so old at the time) intel 486 system and all my games and my controller were stolen lol it had to be someone that came into my place and see it probably one of my room mates friends

lowfat

Staff member
I loved tie fighter ( the dos PC game) I used to play it all the time until my old ( not so old at the time) intel 486 system and all my games and my controller were stolen lol it had to be someone that came into my place and see it probably one of my room mates friends
I haven't played this game in like 28 years but still remember this cutscene w/ Thrawn.

FreeKnight

I haven't played this game in like 28 years but still remember this cutscene w/ Thrawn.

I didn't even remember the game having cutscenes. Must have forgotten or I skipped them to go straight to the missions haha.

I do remember using this beast at the time to play it;
s-l500.jpg

Shadowmeph

ugg tried to watch cyberpunk edgerunners nope only made it into second ep the none english and having to read subs plus the tones of the Japanese language to me are ay over the top cant do it it may not be so bad if it was in English but still it really is pretty bad

lowfat

Staff member
ugg tried to watch cyberpunk edgerunners nope only made it into second ep the none english and having to read subs plus the tones of the Japanese language to me are ay over the top cant do it it may not be so bad if it was in English but still it really is pretty bad
It is in English as well.

Latest posts