What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member

Arinoth

Staff member
I can safely say the amount of reading I've been doing has gone down since this pandemic rather then up. I'm still going through the Animorphs series, yes I know but holy hell is that a dark young adult novel series.

sswilson

Staff member
I noticed I had a paperback copy of Altered Carbon sitting on my shelf. Going to give that a shot when I'm done my current SF short story anthology.

Finally got around to starting in on this, and I'm not sure I read it when I bought it (it had a military canex pricetag on it so it was probably bought while away on course, and the spine doesn't appear to have been bent back at all).

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how closely the writing tracks with what I remember feeling about the series. The series is far enough in the past that I don't remember specifics, but actions in the book "feel" like they should have been in the series if they weren't already.

At it's core it's a sci-fi film noir detective novel.

Latest posts

Twitter