What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
So glad he is doing this trilogy. Besides Malazan, best fantasy series IMO.

lowfat

Staff member
that good? I'll have to check it out. I see he has another trilogy out. Have you read it? Worth a read?

It isn't like Malazan at all. A lot less magic. But about as grim. Has a similar style of dark humour. Not everyone finds if funny but I find it hilarious at times. This is the 9th book he has wrote in this world. You'd probably want to start w/ The Blade Itself, which is the first book of the first trilogy. Then there are 3 'standalone' books. One short story collection. And then this new trilogy.

He also ha a YA trilogy, The Shattered Sea. Which I have not read.

TheWanderer

The quarter has been absolutely bonkers: Dresden Files, Mage Errant, Cradle, Stormlight, Arcane Ascension, TTWP(Abercrombie) and probably a few I'm forgetting

Shadowmeph

so I bought the all in one Amber series Roger Zelenzy I read the series back in the 1980 and I liked it started to read it the other day and well the book is a little heavy I mean the weight of it is a little heavy so my reading in bed is short and als oI only read the first chapter and it dosdent havbe the same feeling it did back then hopefully it will get better if not well I guess it will collectydust

Arinoth

Staff member
Almost finished the entire Animorphs novel series, no idea how this was for tweens to teens, it's a really messed up series....