What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

TheWanderer

World War Z book cover.jpg

This was a great read, I watched the movie ages ago but that had almost nothing to do with the book.

Arinoth

Staff member
I recently finished Artemis, I quite enjoyed it and look forward to see if the movie adaption will be on par with that of The Martian.

Arinoth

Staff member
Never watched the movie and never plan on it. As soon as I saw the 'fast zombies' I was out.

I've been meaning to read the book, but yeah the Movie is quite garbago and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you want to see source material butchered.

Herne

I've been meaning to read the book, but yeah the Movie is quite garbago and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you want to see source material butchered.
Yeah- 28 Days Later had 'fast zombies' as restarted this whole cultural thing happening, also really liked 'Train to Busan'. The WWZ had nothing to do with the source material, and was just a poor Brad Pitt vehicle. 'How World War Z Should Have Ended' covers how stupid that movie was.

Really like WWZ as an audio book, the format really worked.

Herne

Just finished a second by Anthony Bourdain- this time his Typhoid Mary: An Urban Historical. Quick read, but excellent.

Arinoth

Staff member
Yeah- 28 Days Later had 'fast zombies' as restarted this whole cultural thing happening, also really liked 'Train to Busan'. The WWZ had nothing to do with the source material, and was just a poor Brad Pitt vehicle. 'How World War Z Should Have Ended' covers how stupid that movie was.

Really like WWZ as an audio book, the format really worked.

That's what I've heard from people that the movie and book share basically the name and some of the character names but that's about it.

Herne

That's what I've heard from people that the movie and book share basically the name and some of the character names but that's about it.
I can't even confirm the character names, but the format of the book certainly makes that possible. Lots of different events.