What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Thought the first book was rather funny.
d9hRQ4Q.jpg

lowfat

Staff member
2XWEwk4.jpg

EDIT: Happened to look at the first page of this thread. I posted I was reading A Dance With Dragons in 2011.... 10 years later and the next book still aint out lol.

Last edited:

Lysrin

Finally finished Dune. I know, I'm slow. Only read at the end of the day. I'm no @lowfat ok??!! ;)

I warmed to it a bit in the last third, but I still don't get why it is such a revered book/series. Maybe I went in with my expectations set a bit too high? I didn't like it enough to jump into the next book right away. However I did go watch the trailer for the new movie again, now that I know the story, and I have to say the movie looks very well done. Hope it delivers.

TheWanderer

The Shadow of what was Lost Trilogy is very good.

I've been reading the online webnovel "The Wandering Inn" and I'm enjoying it greatly.

TheWanderer

I assume quite good? Right now I'm reading through the Altered Carbon series and man even early on there's a lot of deviations.
The deviations in the first season are pretty big although it didn't impact the main story a whole lot. S2 is where all the deviations came back to bite them in the ass.

Make sure you read Thin Air and Thirteen after, they're very similar to the Kovacs Trilogy.

Arinoth

Staff member
Finally finished Dune. I know, I'm slow. Only read at the end of the day. I'm no @lowfat ok??!! ;)

I warmed to it a bit in the last third, but I still don't get why it is such a revered book/series. Maybe I went in with my expectations set a bit too high? I didn't like it enough to jump into the next book right away. However I did go watch the trailer for the new movie again, now that I know the story, and I have to say the movie looks very well done. Hope it delivers.

Part of it is due to how ground breaking it was at the time, it came out before even Star Trek did and sort of helped 'revolutionize' 'modern science fiction'.

Arinoth

Staff member
The deviations in the first season are pretty big although it didn't impact the main story a whole lot. S2 is where all the deviations came back to bite them in the ass.

Make sure you read Thin Air and Thirteen after, they're very similar to the Kovacs Trilogy.
I will try to remember that but I need to find more time to just read the Kovacs Trilogy so I have time to read the first Mass Effect novel (again, last time was a decade ago) ahead of ME Legendary coming out in May.

lowfat

Staff member
I thought the first Dune was really awesome. But not sure I really recommend continung it. The next two books had IMO a drop in quality each time.