What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
That was one solid trilogy. Author did a great job tieing everything together

Started
71eP1Sv7+nL.jpg

Lysrin

Finally finished Gardens of the Moon so I'm on to Deadhouse Gates. Throwing a little cover art in there... just a little. I'm not as cool as @lowfat :)

1629981519646.png

Man I have to say that first book is like a locomotive! It started out and I was thinking "whew, a lot of characters... where is he going with all this?!" And then it just built and built and built! You guys are already fans I know, thanks for pointing me at this series, but just wanted to chime in and say excellent so far.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Finally finished Gardens of the Moon so I'm on to Deadhouse Gates. Throwing a little cover art in there... just a little. I'm not a cool as @lowfat :)

View attachment 32189

Man I have to say that first book is like a locomotive! It started out and I was thinking "whew, a lot of characters... where is he going with all this?!" And then it just built and built and built! You guys are already fans I know, thanks for pointing me at this series, but just wanted to chime in and say excellent so far.
His writing takes a big jump in quality on book 2. So if you could make it through and enjoy the first book, you'll like the rest.

sswilson

Staff member
Grabbed Brandon Sanderson's "The Way of Kings" and am finding it a super hard slog to get through.....

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Currently on book 2 of "The 3-body Problem" series by Cixin Liu, "The Dark Forest". The first one was enjoyable, but the similarity between some of the character's names can get a bit confusing until you teach your brain that Chinese names are Lastname Firstname format.

Latest posts

Twitter