What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

Lysrin

Little break from the Malazan books and reading this:

71hzIFjI8sL.jpg

Never read a western in my life. But this one was recommended as a place to start by an ol'cowboy so I'm giving it a try. So far it is pretty good. Lots of sterotypes of... well... everyone and everything but I'd expect nothing less! ;) Definitely a light read but that's nice sometimes.

lowfat

Staff member
Had no idea what this was about before I bought it when on sale. Actually seemed enjoyable so far. But I think it may be fantasy romance. Which ain't my thing in the slightest.
xwz8Ulh.jpg

TheWanderer

Orso. Probably my favourite character from the entire FL series. :(

Intresting setup for next series. Glustrod reborn?
It does seem like that, yeah. Bayaz took such a big loss in this series, him going too far in search of fresh magical power seems in character for him. I hope we get to see some stuff about the other Magi going forward.

sswilson

Staff member
Just got a kindle in the house and took advantage of 3 months free "kindle unlimited". Hopefully there'll be some titles I'm interested in. (Currently stuck on the last half of the final foundation book, and not sure I'm going to bother finishing it again).

TheWanderer

Just got a kindle in the house and took advantage of 3 months free "kindle unlimited". Hopefully there'll be some titles I'm interested in. (Currently stuck on the last half of the final foundation book, and not sure I'm going to bother finishing it again).
KU is where all the LitRPG stuff is, check out the Cradle series if you like Fantasy

sswilson

Staff member
KU is where all the LitRPG stuff is, check out the Cradle series if you like Fantasy

I had seen that series while browsing the available titles. I'll give the first one a try and see what I think of it. (I'm usually leery of any series that's more than 3 titles... ;) ).

I will say I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of "classics" I've tried to find in KU. Searches for anything Asimov related are coming up empty as do the riftwar saga or any of the ringworld series books. My hopes of catching up on newer releases for series' that I read back in the '80s / '90s so far haven't been met.

Latest posts

Twitter