What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Cradle is so much fun. It is 'progressive fantasy' where the characters level up. All the books are very fast paced.

sswilson

Staff member
Currently reading through The Society of the Sword trilogy from the free Prime Reading library. It's not terrible, but is a bit rough around the edges.

On a positive note.... I'm surprised at how comfortable I am reading on the kindle.

Lysrin

Currently reading through The Society of the Sword trilogy from the free Prime Reading library. It's not terrible, but is a bit rough around the edges.

On a positive note.... I'm surprised at how comfortable I am reading on the kindle.
I really love my Kobo. Does the Kindle have an similar e-paper screen? I occasionally miss the feel of holding a "real" book, but the vast majority of my reading for fun happens on the Kobo these days. Being able to have backlight, set the font size, etc. is great.

sswilson

Staff member
I really love my Kobo. Does the Kindle have an similar e-paper screen? I occasionally miss the feel of holding a "real" book, but the vast majority of my reading for fun happens on the Kobo these days. Being able to have backlight, set the font size, etc. is great.

I've never used a Kobo so I can't offer a direct comparison, but the Kindle is definitely an e-paper style screen (the power-off front page image is a neat trick :) ), and it's got adjustable back lit, and font size options. I tend to do most of my reading laying down so the printed stand I made up (pictures in the 3D printing threads) is perfect.

Lysrin

I've never used a Kobo so I can't offer a direct comparison, but the Kindle is definitely an e-paper style screen (the power-off front page image is a neat trick :) ), and it's got adjustable back lit, and font size options. I tend to do most of my reading laying down so the printed stand I made up (pictures in the 3D printing threads) is perfect.
They look very similar, the Kobo and Kindle. Cool stand!

Lysrin

Not what I am reading, yet anyway, but a question. I finished that Louis L'Amour book Hondo, and it was good, but have any of you read Zane Grey? How would you compare him to L'Amour's style?

Latest posts

Twitter