What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Finished this tonight.

And now I am starting this. Was rather disappointed w/ the second book in the series, hopefully this is better.

Lamb

Just finished this one :
51C8A40MQYL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_.jpg

Now on these 2 :

51of33DX3QL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU15_.jpg

41y83eyYESL._SL500_AA300_.jpg9

41y83eyYESL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

ref=dp_image_0

ultraman7k

Actually just started reading Alloy of Law by Sanderson.

Went and saw him a couple weeks back when he was speaking at Chapters in Metrotown. Still a much smaller draw than George RR Martin when he came here at the release of Feast for Crows, but man, Sanderson has got some serious fans. I mean, the number of fans with tattoos of his work is...sizeable.

Super nice guy, you can totally tell he's an absolute geek, and definitely takes the time to talk with all his fans while signing their books, which is more than I can say about other authors that I've met. He guaranteed that he would sign everyone's books and stayed well past his scheduled time, though he did cut the Q&A short to accomodate all his fans.

I joked that I was gonna ask him to sign my book 'Winter is coming' but decided it would be in poor taste, haha, because he is the anti-George in that he is such a prolific writer lol.

Some tidbits for those that are Sanderson fans.

1. He is working on an a sequal to Elantris (apparently pronounced, E-Lawn-tris...who knew)
2. Second book in Stormlight series is due out late 2012-early 2013 (more likely 2013)
3. Apparently the same character appears in all his novels (never did that close of a reading but this was news to me, may not be if you are a super-fan)
4. Considers his readers his boss (this was after I told him I hawked his books like a mad man when I used to work at Chapters)

All in all, couldn't ask for a nicer guy who really cares about his fans.

matsta31

a new mistborn, cool. On my reading list for holiday season after I finish the black company.

omgwtf

The Dead Zone by King. Planning on getting Russian Mafia In America: Immigration, Culture, and Crime. Also looking to get a book about Russian tattoos if any have a good recommendation I'm open to suggestions.

vulcan500rider

My current reads:

9780802119285.01.jpg

11476589.jpg

Both are proving to be excellent reads so far, and I'm particularly happy with Moon's novel; this is the third book in a trilogy that follows her first (and only other--she's primarily sci-fi) fantasy series. It's as good as the first trilogy (Deed of Paksenarrion) and the pacing is better. Highly recommend it.

Latest posts