What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The "What book are you reading" Thread

lowfat

Staff member
Yeah, I will definitely read the other books. He's one of my all time favorite fantasy author. I rank him right up there with Scott Lynch, Patrick Rothfuss, even George RR Martin.

I'd rather read Abercrombie than any other fantasy writer IMO. His characters are a lot more enjoyable as are his action scenes. Ninefingers is probably my favourite fantasy character ever.

Inik

Folding Team
I'm currently reading The Darwin Economy and the 4th book of GoT :)

Soultribunal

Staff member
Just finished the Annals of Draxis Trilogy from Tracy Hickman (Dragonlance). It was refreshingly different.

-ST

vulcan500rider

I'd rather read Abercrombie than any other fantasy writer IMO. His characters are a lot more enjoyable as are his action scenes. Ninefingers is probably my favourite fantasy character ever.

I'm just working my way through the series for the first time now. I wouldn't say he's at my top, either from a pure enjoyment or a literary perspective, but he ranks fairly high on my list. Fairly well written and concise, and very enjoyable, diverse characters.

lowfat

Staff member
I'm just working my way through the series for the first time now. I wouldn't say he's at my top, either from a pure enjoyment or a literary perspective, but he ranks fairly high on my list. Fairly well written and concise, and very enjoyable, diverse characters.

What book are you on? What I like about Abercrombie are how detailed his fight scenes are. Plus the characters are so awesome. Ninefingers > * IMO when it comes to fantasy characters.

Polygon

ThePacific.jpg

vulcan500rider

What book are you on? What I like about Abercrombie are how detailed his fight scenes are. Plus the characters are so awesome. Ninefingers > * IMO when it comes to fantasy characters.

Just finished #2, and waiting on Amazon to deliver the third.

Ninefingers is good, but pretty standard fantasy, IMO. It's Glokta that I'm impressed with the most; in some ways, he reminds me of Thomas Covenant from Donaldson's series--which is also pretty high up on my top ten.

GregH

Vagabond by Bernard Cornwell...book 2 of the grail series.
I'd read the series before, but he just released book 4 so I'm re-reading the other 3 to go fresh into the new one.

Highly recommend his books to any lovers of historical fiction. Conn Iggulden is another good one.

Last edited:

Latest posts