What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Witcher 4

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

Switching engines is a big deal, guess they lost faith in it with CP2077?

I would normally jump all over this, but I was pumped about their last game and it really let me down. I'll chill my expectations and let them simmer 😂

FreeKnight

Saw this on PC gamer today. I'm pretty sure they openly said they were working on a new witcher game like a year ago, but I supposed it's 'official'.

Assuming they don't have another clusterfuck like CP2077, I'm interested. Geralt's story is done as far as I'm concerned, but a new game where you can 'make your own witcher' a la Mass Effect, or play as 'the new Witcher' that was maybe accidently created (in an unrepeatable way) would work narratively and give a justifiable start as an unskilled Witcher and gradually get more proficient.

I'd prefer it to either take place in new lands, or well after the events of 'The Wild Hunt' a few cameos are welcome, but I don't want something that feels tacked onto the previous trilogy's coattails, like so many of the FFVII spin-offs for example.

lowfat

Staff member
Kind of odd they aren't using RED Engine 3 since they obviously put huge amounts of hours in it. If it is Unreal does that mean an EPIC exclusive for 6 months?

Lysrin

That could be part of the "partnership" perhaps.

How many years away is it I wonder... We'll keep this thread going until it comes out :)

Also at the bottom of that post they mention they are working on CP2077 expansions, so that is good confirmation if anyone is looking forward to those.

lowfat

Staff member
That could be part of the "partnership" perhaps.

How many years away is it I wonder... We'll keep this thread going until it comes out :)

Also at the bottom of that post they mention they are working on CP2077 expansions, so that is good confirmation if anyone is looking forward to those.
Expansion, singular. TBH I'll be somewhat disappointed if there is only 1.

FreeKnight

Expansion, singular. TBH I'll be somewhat disappointed if there is only 1.
Honestly, unless this expansion is a massive overhaul and new content that gets as well received as Shivering Isles or Blood and Wine, I think it's going to get pretty poor sales overall. CP2077 seems to have been largely left behind by players and it's going to take a lot to draw people back.

lowfat

Staff member
Honestly, unless this expansion is a massive overhaul and new content that gets as well received as Shivering Isles or Blood and Wine, I think it's going to get pretty poor sales overall. CP2077 seems to have been largely left behind by players and it's going to take a lot to draw people back.
Like all RPGs, most people are going to stop playing after they beat it.

They still had something like $250 million net profit from the game.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
wasnt CP 2077 supposed to be Multiplayer maybe add that in the expansion even co-op doesnt have to be MMO Huge as that would just thrash the game every which way.

but unreal 5 would be interesting.

FreeKnight

Like all RPGs, most people are going to stop playing after they beat it.

They still had something like $250 million net profit from the game.
I meant just the cost of developing the expansion. Main game definitely made a profit, I'm not sure the expansion will fare as well.