What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Work Out/Lose Weight/Diet Thread

clg

Flat stomachs are possible but it takes a lot of time and effort and a massive loss of body fat. It requires like 7-8% body fat to be flat.

Uh, what? You can see abs at 20, solid definition by 15, and shredded by 10. Of course it varies from person to person with a big contributor to being how muscular you are, but you by no means need to be bordering body building percentages to attain flatness.

Perineum

Most days about 1850-2100 depending on activity level, basically looking to be down 20-30 lbs in 2 months

Okay, so not as restricted as I thought you were.

Regardless though, just remember that a quick shift in body composition doesn't like to stick unless you can hold on to it long enough.

Shadowmeph

Also remember remember that muscle weighs more then fat ,so looking in the mirror you might look smaller but your body weight my stay or even increase because of more muscle .
an example is myself I am running every other day and decreased my calorie intact to match what approximately need my weigh has only dropped between 3-7 Lbs but when I look in the mirror I can see a fair amount of difference.

Shadowmeph

I think that everyone is different. I mean a formula is just an average . if two people that weigh the exact same and do the same exercises at the same time for the same amount of time most likely will have a different calorie burns

I always try to eat a little less. I have 1/2 of a mug 100% pure orange juice before my morning run and when I get back I drink water of course , and then mix the same amount of orange juice with a raw egg .

this is all I eat for most of the day until supper.

I might have two pieces of toast peanut butter,jam at no later then 7PM at night and my weight stays the same it might fluctuate a little but I think that this is water weight . when I used to drink less water I weighed between 180-195 Lbs and I ate allot more then I do now . now that I drink allot of water so that my piss is clear and not yellow I weigh an average of 230 lbs, I exercise more and eat less.

I am not in my 30s or 40s I am 50 so maybe my metabolism has slowed allot more so I am burning calories allot slower.

Perineum

I always try to eat a little less. I have 1/2 of a mug 100% pure orange juice before my morning run and when I get back I drink water of course , and then mix the same amount of orange juice with a raw egg .

Switch the OJ with water and vice versa and you'll do better on your runs.

The sugar before your run is decimating your performance.

Shadowmeph

Switch the OJ with water and vice versa and you'll do better on your runs.

The sugar before your run is decimating your performance.

I would agree with you if I was running in the afternoon or night but I am out the door as soon as my head is clear enough first thing in the morning . I used to just drink my water and go but I would tire out before I would make it half way through my run. So I started to experiment a little and finally came up ( after trying allot of different types of breakfasts and milk or what ever after playing around with everything I came up with pure 100% orange juice which for me is pretty hard to find.

most orange juice ( pretty much any juice out there) lists water ,sugar in the ingredients. After I figured out the orange juice was the quickest way to get energy I then kept cutting back on the amount which ends up being maybe 2 ounces which is like to shot glass's, but it does vary because on a hot day I would need maybe 3 ounces and a little more water but on a rainy ( pouring rain), snow or icy or even 30+c conditions I would need to change the formula just a little.
the human body is so incredible.
in all the 30+ yrs of exercise I have done I have realized that every one is different and people should use information they find ( good information) as a reference and then fine to it for them selves .

clg

I need a calorie intake of close to 3000 calories to main my status. :( Its a lot of calories in a day.

I know your pain. 6' 165lb ecto, so I can eat whatever I like without getting a super high body fat %, but I also need to consume ridiculous amounts of calories to put any clean weight on. If you're looking to bulk up, meal supplements and gainers are almost a must.

Latest posts