What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Work Out/Lose Weight/Diet Thread

Perineum

Not sure if this should be in the happy thread or here.

Last October (2014) doctors wanted to double check and rule out a problem in my abdomen. I said yes. They made a small hole in my abdomen and explored. I was out the same day. I didn't feel well. I expected some pain but this was sometimes painful to the point of doubling over and getting angry. (my way of dealing with it) Just before the week ended I went septic. Went back to the hospital and it turns out they had accidentally cut my intestine when they were poking around. I ended up back in the hospital for a week after the emergency surgery and got an ugly scar across my abdomen. Because of the infection they told me that they couldn't put mesh in to hold the abdominal wall together and they expected that it would tear if I was doing anything vigorous. I tried in vain to tell them that I've lifted heavy my entire life and it was just what I do. They said "If you tear it and you're young enough we'll just fix it"

Piss me right off.

I was off for four months with no exercise. I had pain in my abdomen. A slight stretch felt like it was going to tear. Fast forward to last week - managed a clean slow 5 plate a side squat completely raw, in street clothes - in jeans even. Nothing tore. Besides the ugly scar I think I might be out of the dangerous part....

I got dealt a shitty hand and at this point I feel like I did the best I could have with it so I'm pretty happy.

WolfBane

Last October (2014) doctors wanted to double check and rule out a problem in my abdomen. I said yes. They made a small hole in my abdomen and explored. I was out the same day. I didn't feel well. I expected some pain but this was sometimes painful to the point of doubling over and getting angry. (my way of dealing with it) Just before the week ended I went septic. Went back to the hospital and it turns out they had accidentally cut my intestine when they were poking around. I ended up back in the hospital for a week after the emergency surgery and got an ugly scar across my abdomen. Because of the infection they told me that they couldn't put mesh in to hold the abdominal wall together and they expected that it would tear if I was doing anything vigorous. I tried in vain to tell them that I've lifted heavy my entire life and it was just what I do. They said "If you tear it and you're young enough we'll just fix it"

Piss me right off.

I was off for four months with no exercise. I had pain in my abdomen. A slight stretch felt like it was going to tear. Fast forward to last week - managed a clean slow 5 plate a side squat completely raw, in street clothes - in jeans even. Nothing tore. Besides the ugly scar I think I might be out of the dangerous part....

I got dealt a shitty hand and at this point I feel like I did the best I could have with it so I'm pretty happy.
well you did def get dealt a crappy hand but it seems to me you have made the best out of a very bad situation , That being said take her easy huh , not like your still 18 huh ?

omgwtf

Jealous of your 5 plate squat :haha:

Piss me right off.

FreeKnight

Anyone have a recommendation for a good streching/flexibility routine. Mostly lower body? I'd even give a yoga routine a try as long as it's just streching and not a bunch of 'ohmmmm' and 'meditate' foppery.

Shadowmeph

my shoulder has been screwed since the late summer and is just now almost healed so I can start my running again soon. as for stretching lower body , do you mean hips and legs ?

FreeKnight

my shoulder has been screwed since the late summer and is just now almost healed so I can start my running again soon. as for stretching lower body , do you mean hips and legs ?

Yeah, hips, groin and hams mostly. Quad flexibility's pretty decent. I figure I'll hit 9% BF by Feb so I'm thinking my next goal is going to be to try and become able to Van Damme just for laughs.

Shadowmeph

Yay finally was able to start running again , after 4-5 months mind you I only did just over 6Km just to be safe because my job as security I do allot of KM walking, the funny thing though is that my arms are sore right were the elbow bends ( inside arm) almost feels like when you are doing arm curls and you don't cheat extend your arms full length the not sure if it tendon pull. anyway it sure is bugging me, I guess that is what happens when your over 50 and exercising lo.
Going to get back to my 10 KM each day run then do the sun run in April with a friend of mine, neither of us has done an event yet so should prove to be interesting

Latest posts