What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Work Out/Lose Weight/Diet Thread

b1lk1

What I'm gonna start doing very soon is going to a daily breakfast of fruit and raw vegetables. Lots and lots of vitamins, low calorie and just good for you. I'm not advocating what I eat/do to anyone else, just what I have had to do to get my body to kickstart weightloss. I counted every calorie from last September to December and lost nearly nothing. Try a little fasting to get the ball rolling and the weight has been coming off since.

As for my current diet, I am in the middle of changing most everything but I will not give up beer or an occasional full bodied meal. My diet used to be far worse, I think it is the hardest part to change and deal with when trying a lifestyle change.

Arinoth

Staff member
Well with school finishing soon and well the fact I haven't found employment yet (and will be going to live back home until I find a job) I plan on working out in some way shape or form daily. I had hoped to this semester but March was a complete write off due to Senior design. I did roller blade to/from school since March and well had hockey once or twice a week but would like to lose another 5-10 pounds (get to around 155-160). My plans on daily working out will be some weights along with either hour walks, cycling or rollerblading, not like I'll have anything else better to do...

Perineum

Coming in late to this thread. I am 5'11" and as of Dec 1, 2012, I was 215lbs. I'm 44 so I'm starting to feel my years, time to change. I have no plans to join a gym or start running marathons, but I am looking to atleast live healthy enough into my 80's.

You need the gym in order to keep your lean mass. If you get weak and old you'll fall down, break your hips and die 3 years later.

The gym will improve your hormone drive and promote your body to want to keep it's lean mass and bone density.

You could get away with doing something that takes 30 mins a day, just make sure to lift some weight, as that's what builds tendon and bone strength.

Shadowmeph

I wouldn't say that " you need a gym" but a good gym can make things easier personally I would rather see a dietitian and and sport doctor because they are educated in the proper way . I am sure that 90% of the gyms just higher someone that took a course on line so that they don't have to pay the good wages. some one like myself that has very little money but allot of time just try to get as much info a possible and really pays attention to what my body is telling me there is know one that knows your body better then your self because a doc or whom every you talk to only knows what you tell them.

enaberif

So I have developed a interesting situation over the last week.

I was doing some reading and they say that certain people who lack certain probiotics in their diet can lead to things like bloating and ibs and a few other things. So I picked up some Flora 50 billion bacteria and have been taking it for the last week and holy crap I am always hungry and never feel bloated anymore!

Pabz0r545

So I have developed a interesting situation over the last week.

I was doing some reading and they say that certain people who lack certain probiotics in their diet can lead to things like bloating and ibs and a few other things. So I picked up some Flora 50 billion bacteria and have been taking it for the last week and holy crap I am always hungry and never feel bloated anymore!

Interesting. I have been having digestive problems over the past year or so. I should really give that stuff a try. Been to the doctor a few times recently and we thought I was celiac but it turns out I am not. Been using lactaid for dairy consumption and that has helped a bit but still not perfect. Many other things upset my bowels. Long story short vietnamese vermicelli bowls is the only thing I have found I can eat that keeps me regular. Is that beneficial bacteria expensive? I'm totally willing to give it a try.

enaberif

Interesting. I have been having digestive problems over the past year or so. I should really give that stuff a try. Been to the doctor a few times recently and we thought I was celiac but it turns out I am not. Been using lactaid for dairy consumption and that has helped a bit but still not perfect. Many other things upset my bowels. Long story short vietnamese vermicelli bowls is the only thing I have found I can eat that keeps me regular. Is that beneficial bacteria expensive? I'm totally willing to give it a try.

I think I paid like $32 for a 30 day supply. You take 1 pill once a day 2 hours after a meal. I usually take it after my dinner as its easier for me to maintain a routine this way.

You can buy them in smaller quantities like a 15 day supply and you can buy it with less bacteria. This is the brand I bought. You should be able to buy them at any health food/vitamin store but shop around as prices vary on stores.

The Critical Care 50 Billion Difference
Ultimate Flora Critical Care 50 Billion is formulated for people with troublesome digestive tracts who experience occasional constipation, gas and bloating, or digestive discomfort.‡ It is designed to support the probiotic balance in both the small and large intestines.

images

Pabz0r545

I think I paid like $32 for a 30 day supply. You take 1 pill once a day 2 hours after a meal. I usually take it after my dinner as its easier for me to maintain a routine this way.

You can buy them in smaller quantities like a 15 day supply and you can buy it with less bacteria. This is the brand I bought. You should be able to buy them at any health food/vitamin store but shop around as prices vary on stores.

images

:thumb: Thanks

Perineum

Buy the Natural Factors brand and take it as many times a day as you can remember, don't worry about timing.

Frequency should give the best results since you want to replace the bad flora with good as soon as the old stuff dies off

Latest posts