What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thermalright HR-03 GT Review Comment Thread

1Tanker

Cptn Vortex

Very nice review! I have the HR-03 Plus on one of my 8800GTX cards right now, and it is simply amazing. A few things though, my accessories package was missing some parts. The plastic washers were not in the bag. I had some extra's lying around, but it's a pain if you don't have them!

You should try mounting the cooler over top of the card. I have it that way on my GTX. I also saw a drop of 10 degrees when I added a little 70mm AMD stock fan onto the card, just to act as pushing the air towards the rear fan. Here's a little diagram. It is pretty awesome, overclocked to 625 core, 2.0GHZ Mem, I get full load temps of 60 degrees.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,497

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Unfortunately, the alternate mounting direction would not work with either of my test rigs. On the X2 3800+ rig (which all GPU cooler reviews are done on) the AC Freezer 64 makes mouting it that way impossible. The same goes for the Q6600 GPU test system which has a TRUE which also makes it impossible.

magictorch

Nice review, huge temperature difference. those G92's run so much cooler than the G80's. Cant wait to see what the new GTX will be like!!

The plastic washers were not in the bag. I had some extra's lying around, but it's a pain if you don't have them!

You should try mounting the cooler over top of the card. I have it that way on my GTX.

Have you tried it with a 120mm fan? Just curious as Im getting one soon and would like to use a NF-P12.

Do you think it makes much of a difference orientated the way you have it? Im trying to work out the best setup as I have an TRU-X heatsink to mount as well now.

Also where do you get the washers from if you loose one?

Cptn Vortex

I had a bunch of extra ones from various watercooling blocks and stuff. Basically you just need something small and non-conductive. Those felt washers that sometimes come with computer cases would work too. Nothing special.

I have not put a 120mm fan on, no room where it is right now. I have the Maximus Formula, and the northbridge is watercooled, so the tubes get in the way of me mounting any fan larger than 90mm.

1Tanker

Nice review, huge temperature difference. those G92's run so much cooler than the G80's. Cant wait to see what the new GTX will be like!!

Have you tried it with a 120mm fan? Just curious as Im getting one soon and would like to use a NF-P12.

Do you think it makes much of a difference orientated the way you have it? Im trying to work out the best setup as I have an TRU-X heatsink to mount as well now.

Also where do you get the washers from if you loose one?
Yeah...there are a lot of fins not "covered" by the 90/92mm fan..on either side. I would think a 120mm would work much better.

biff

Why is this in the WC area and not the air cooling area? Not trying to be an ass.... just asking.

Primu$

Great Review, Good picture details and good benchmarks.
Thats what I love to see, Good Results!
Nice cooler over all, just dont like the bulkiness, but it has bulk cooling performance for a heatsink =)