What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ThermalRight HR-03 GTX Review

beholder2

Thanks for the link. I'll try 2 * NF-S12B

My VRM's are at 90-110°c during the game, after 30-45 min of playing. But this is with the opened case for the moment :-/ (even if now the opened case is amazingly lesser noisy than before lol).
VRM's temps seems to be a little bit high.

I've also sent a mail to the thermright support, in order to have a solution to cool them down...

Eagle Eye

I would still get the NF-S12B FLX, a great improvment over the NF-S12B.

Please read this: Noctua NF-12B FLX

VRM temps has been an issue since day 1, they'll likely tell you the same thing they told me "Use a fan with a RPM rating of no less than 1600RPM" Its unfortunate but in my opinion Thermalright and Arctic Cooling created a problem by using cheaply stamped aluminum heatsinks and its only been further worsened by the use of FURMARK and OCCT benchmark utilities that push videocards well beyond normal operation.

EE

beholder2

Ho sure ! They are the ones I've just ordered :p
I just forgot to write the "FLX" in my previous post.

I just hoped, when I was writting my mail, that they could suggest me another VRM heatsink :-/

What a sh**... Card constructor give us a bad and noisy gpu cooling system on their cards, but a good VRM coolig system, and Cooler's constructors do the exact opposite. Antway, noise was my priority. And the HR-03 do the job in this way :)

I said it many times, but not enough in my opinion, so again : many thanks to you EE and for the time you spent to answer me. Sincerely.

Retro

I would still get the NF-S12B FLX, a great improvment over the NF-S12B.

Please read this: Noctua NF-12B FLX

VRM temps has been an issue since day 1, they'll likely tell you the same thing they told me "Use a fan with a RPM rating of no less than 1600RPM" Its unfortunate but in my opinion Thermalright and Arctic Cooling created a problem by using cheaply stamped aluminum heatsinks and its only been further worsened by the use of FURMARK and OCCT benchmark utilities that push videocards well beyond normal operation.

EE
Couldn't agree more with what you have said, my experience has been the same. I fitted some Enzotech mosfet sinks to the vrm's to see if this would improve on the vrm cooling and it is an improvement on TR's plate. There is a mod posted on TechPowerup Forums by OnBoard, albeit with an Accelero GTX280 cooler. This involves cutting off the stock coolers vrm plate and fitting it to the card with the stock backplate. This also helps to eliminate the bending of the pcb, I had to brace mine because of the severe drooping.
techPowerUp! Forums - View Single Post - Accelero Xtreme GTX 280 mini review
But it would void the card's warranty as you would be cutting the stock cooler.
The Swiftech plate looks to be the only other option, but I haven't seen any tests on it to see how well it cools the vrm's.

Last edited:

beholder2

Hi retro.

So I understand that you set these Enzotech : EnzoTech
on your GTX 280's vrm ?

Is the result really significant ?
And so I understand that you removed the original backplate of the HR-03 GTX.

My VRMs are getting really high (110-115 °c during games).
I haven't any crashes, but I read that T° is too high and it's considerably affect the lifetime of my graphic card...

Latest posts