What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thermalright releases a 1kg Cooling BEAST!

JD

Staff member
Carbon Nanotubes would be cool but not practical in this particular application. At least not yet.
Wondering if maybe that's what needs to happen at the die/IHS level though so that we can pull the heat out from the tiny transistors and up into the heatsink/waterblock.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Wondering if maybe that's what needs to happen at the die/IHS level though so that we can pull the heat out from the tiny transistors and up into the heatsink/waterblock.

Either that and/or we need to make Peltier plates a thing (again, sorta). Give options for heatsinks with two mounting heights, to allow for a Peltier cooler to fit in between the cpu and the heatsink. I'd absolutely love for it to exist, but I don't think it does, sadly. :(

Soultribunal

Staff member
@JD - Yeah I think that would be the best application of it to be honest. As we've seen some positive gains when people have delided their Proc's to make direct contact. If anyplace for nanotubes exitisted it would be there.

@CMetaphor - I would love to see Peltier's make a comeback. I miss my old Ultra one. It did a really good job for the most part on those hot and Heave Q6600's and my X4 965 that was pushing 4.2. Who knows, we might one day again.

-ST

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
@JD - Yeah I think that would be the best application of it to be honest. As we've seen some positive gains when people have delided their Proc's to make direct contact. If anyplace for nanotubes exitisted it would be there.

@CMetaphor - I would love to see Peltier's make a comeback. I miss my old Ultra one. It did a really good job for the most part on those hot and Heave Q6600's and my X4 965 that was pushing 4.2. Who knows, we might one day again.

-ST
but the power consumption!!!

Soultribunal

Staff member
In all honestly my Ultra Didn't pull a ton of power. It wasn't keeping it 5 degrees above Ambient but it was keeping it really cool given how hot as hell those proc's were.

-ST

Latest posts