What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thermaltake Level 10 and Megahalem

Closed Note

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone here at Hardwarecanucks had any experience with the Level 10 Case of Thermaltake.

Now from researching, I'd say theoretically (after comparing the datasheets of the case and the cpu cooler), the Megahalem won't fit. But .. I came across a site (Link 1), where a user claims, that his Megahalem actually seems to be fine in his Level 10 case! So I'm pretty confused right now, because I was about to order a V10 instead of the Megahalem, and I'd actually prefer the Megahalem over the V10 .. and please don't flame me for choosing a case over a better cpu cooler xD that's just how I am.

The funny thing is, Thermaltake even mentions the Megahalem in the FAQ of the Level 10, but they won't answer if it fits, instead they just mention the height limitation.

Link 1: Thermaltake Level 10 Aluminum ATX Super Full Tower Gaming Station Computer Case VL30001N1Z (Black ) | ComputerDumb.com

Level 10 FAQ: Thermaltake Global > Product > Chassis > FullTower > Level10 > VL30001N1Z

Summary - Will the Megahalem fit into the case or not?

Thanks in advance for the help!

It's been years since I've last built a PC from scratch. I've been working on macs the past few years, but here I am, .. back from the living dead xD

Here's the Build I'm working on right now, I'd love to hear your suggestions and opinions.

New Build (updated 09/08/2010):
Cooler Master HAF X
In Win 1500W
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB Triple Channel Kit
EVGA X58 4-Way SLI Classified
EVGA GTX 480 Non-SC
Intel Core i7 930
Prolimatech Megahalems
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB

I'm not going to build in an optical drive, since I have no need for one. Additionaly I still have my macs around which can do the job as well if ever needed :p

Edit:
I received word from Thermaltake regarding the Megahalem and the Thermaltake Level 10 case - here we go:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes, we wrote the CPU cooler height limitation on our Level 10 FAQ is 150mm for cooler installation safety. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, we did install our SPINQ VT (159mm) in our level 10 chassis but it’s light touch to the top pipe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So we don’t really recommend user use the CPU height over 150mm, but not if user is really care about it.[/FONT]

so it will fit in, just in case if anyone wonders .. but I believe it'll influence the airflow in the case, if there even is such a thing in that crowded chassis lulz.

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
hey. thanks for coming back to the real..i mean pc world.

ill let others chip in, but usually a decent manufacturer will give you specific info about vga limits, and possibly others. for exemple look for the depth inside the case, take off stand+mobo width. minus a few more milimetres for the coolers brackets.

edit. indeed they mention it

Q. Can it take a Prolimatech Megahalems Performance CPU Cooler?

A. The limited height for Level 10 CPU cooler is 150mm (VGA length limitation is 310mm).

also, who the heck did those q&a lol?

Heatsink Dimension (L)130mm X (W)74mmX (H)158.7mm

lowfat

Staff member
Doesn't look like it will fit. Thermaltake claims it only will accept HSF's with a height of 150mm. The Megahalem is 10mm too tall.

Closed Note

yeah I've seen the sizes of the megahalem too. However, some user actually claims that he built one in (see Link 1, the last 2 reviews). That's what actually confuses me. As you guys mentioned already, theoretically, it won't fit.

I just wrote an email to thermaltake, let's see what they have to say ^^ hopefully it'll clear things up. that FAQ sure was weird xD

xlilmissmjx

I would change the psu to a more well known, quality brand, like Corsair. Their AX & HX series are both modular and the newer AX series is gold rated.

Everything else looks great, good luck with your build :thumb:

Closed Note

I would change the psu to a more well known, quality brand, like Corsair. Their AX & HX series are both modular and the newer AX series is gold rated.

Everything else looks great, good luck with your build :thumb:

I never actually looked into and compared power supplies. what's their difference? I mean they both supply our hardware with power haha ^^

Be Quiet is actually quite known here in europe.

edit: I'm also planning on going 2-way SLI until we hit november, will a 750W be sufficient? I've seen that a 4-way SLI 480GTX will consume around 1400ish.

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
yup, be quiet is a good brand. had the pleasure to have a couple pass tru me hands(frends puters)

Closed Note

I retought everything, and seriously, ---- that L10 case ..

New Build:
Cooler Master HAF X
In Win 1500W
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB Triple Channel Kit
EVGA GTX 480 Non-SC
Intel Core i7 930
Prolimatech Megahalems
Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB

Last edited:

fishingfanatic

New Builds

I recently moved everything into the HAF X. Great case with outstanding airflow and the new usb3 and sata 6gb/sec features as well as 2 hot swappable HDD bays! Great choice. Enjoy the build and system.
:thumb::biggrin:

JD

Staff member
I retought everything, and seriously, ---- that L10 case ..

New Build:
Cooler Master HAF X
Corsair Pro Series Gold AX 850W
Corsair Dominator-GT 3x2GB
EVGA GTX 480 Non-SC
Intel Core i7 930
Prolimatech Megahalems
Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
I'd suggest going with either the 640GB or 1TB version instead. Far faster drives.

Otherwise pretty solid build. Normal Corsair HX850 would suffice and non-GT RAM would do too, but that's up to you.

Latest posts