After waiting over a week, all of the new parts are finally in. On the left are some Fesser 45deg adapters and compression fittings from Dazmode (Don't know why I didn't order black in the first place..... ), and on the right are a Primochill Myriad Dual Bay D5 Res, Black Primochill 1/2" / 3/4" tubing, a few Bitspower straight barbs, and a Swiftech 655 I pulled out of my Cosmos S.
Being a cheap bugger, I decided that pairing compression fittings with 45deg rotary adapters would give me the most flexability for this build as well as any future use. My thinking on 45deg vrs 90deg is that 45 will work in just about any situation, while a 90 deg adapter would be a perfect fit for some situations, but completely useless in others.
Here's a shot of the adapters installed on the rad. I was a bit concerned that there wouldn't be enough room because of the diameter of the compression fittings, but while they're a tight fit on the WB, there's lots of room on the rad.
Parts breakdown of the Res, one glaring omission is the lack of any kind of instruction manual, topped off with the fact that the PrimoChill webpage is supposedly undergoing an update (wonder how long that's been going on????) so no online manual is available either.
Fortunately for me, unlike some of the earlier reviews on this item, it came mostly assembled so other than the PITA that setting up the mounting was, it wasn't too hard to figure out.
Kudos to Primochill for including a funnel, as well as (pictured on the right) a PSU shorting adapter for leak testing / bleeding the loop once it's up and running. I've been threatening to make one for years, but now don't have to pretend like that's ever going to happen....
Rear view of the res both with and without the pump installed. The mounting arms are nicely machined, and maybe there's something I'm missing about how they should assembled in order to work properly, but without a manual I'm left to do the best I can.... Finally got it to a point where it's adjusted properly to be locked into the toolless design of the GT, but it was a major PITA, and the included screws were not only not black to match the rest of the res, they were too freaking long!!!! I ended up using leftover screws from the TT GT.
While we're here, you can see that I've chosen straight barbs for back here. You can also see that there are 2 fill ports up top (I'm assuming one is for filling, and one is for connecting to a fixed port), as well as 2 full sets of inlet/outlet ports on the back. No plans for the moment, but I'm thinking about either WCing my vid cards, or even just adding a PA120 into the loop which will make use of the second set of ports.
It hasn't been done yet, but the pump cable is going to get the same heatshrink treatment as the rest of the wires did.
That's it for right now, but I've pretty well got the loop roughed in already so I'd expect to have some more pics either tonight or tomorrow. As a bit of a teaser..... I've never put together loop with such a short amount of tubing.....