What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thermaltake SwordM VD500LBNA Aluminum Extrusion w/Water Cooling System Full Tower Cas

Gonzo

I just saw this, for anyone looking for a cheap Full Tower with Water Cooling.

$239.99

miggs78

Never buy a Thermaltake water cooling product.. You're getting yourself into a whole world of pain..

CanadaRox

Cases with built in cooling systems are usually lacking in cooling power. And Thermaltake is well known in the watercooling community to make sub-par systems with hard to upgrade components. You would be better off buying a really nice case and either a Swiftech kit or one of the premade CPU kits from the company that's name is escaping me (thanks studying linear algebra for the last 5h).

Cowboy

Cases with built in cooling systems are usually lacking in cooling power. And Thermaltake is well known in the watercooling community to make sub-par systems with hard to upgrade components. You would be better off buying a really nice case and either a Swiftech kit or one of the premade CPU kits from the company that's name is escaping me (thanks studying linear algebra for the last 5h).

coolit?

sswilson

Staff member
Well at least it has this......

- All Copper Water Block :

Not a bad price actually for a pre wc'd case. My main concern about TT watercooling (the acrylic top water blocks crack and leak) seems to be resolved. Not high-end cooling, but better than the $60 all-in-ones as it's got a 220 rad.

MpG

Notice it doesn't also say "All Copper Radiator"? :blarg: There's a reason for that.

Jmark

Well at least it has this......

Not a bad price actually for a pre wc'd case. My main concern about TT watercooling (the acrylic top water blocks crack and leak) seems to be resolved. Not high-end cooling, but better than the $60 all-in-ones as it's got a 220 rad.

You will have a LOT more problems than that with that copper block and aluminum rad !!!

Take it from someone who bought one a few years back! It won't be long before you see solids circulating in your loop as the copper and aluminum form a weak battery and convert the metal into salts. That is if the pump works long enough :haha:
EVERY part of my loop was RMAed at least once, several leaks on most parts, barb's fell off the rad they where so corroded. All in all very nasty.
Nice case once I replaced all the water parts :thumb:

JD

Staff member
It's a good deal though, even with the shit watercooling included. Assuming of course you like the styling of the case since the MSRP is $599.

And if you use a decent fluid, shouldn't really matter having mixed metals. And it's possible that internally the rad is brass so it could be a non-issue anyhow. Don't really know since that's a custom sized rad for that case.

Latest posts