What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

They Never Learn… An AMD GPU You Can Drive!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with hardware Unboxed. That’s right, not a product, not a hardware company , just another channel on youtube. Today, the channel released a video about an e-mail exchange they had with LG.

Unsurprisingly, it was not a good situation. According to the communications, LG sent a monitor for review to hardware unboxed, and when hardware unboxed was ready to publish it, LG decided to implement an Embargo date for the monitor. Ok, fine, Hardware unboxed obliged and then LG, out of nowhere slapped them with a review ”Guide”. They basically gave Hardware unboxed a list of points to cover in the video and then Asked for a draft of the product review before the video went live, and then promised to discuss additional compensation for editing said draft.

Bond007

I actually watched the Hardware Unboxed video yesterday. Pretty frustrating situation. The sad part is that I am sure lots of "reviewers" would have just taken the chance for a few $. I always value sites/reviewers that are willing to put their neck on the line. I despise sites that give something that is obviously bad a "review" and the give it a "rating" of 75% or 3 stars or anything similar when it was obviously a bad product or option. We need honest reviewers.

FreeKnight

Every time I look an LG anything I cringe. This just makes them more cringy.
LG's OLEDs were genuinely good TVs and well reviewed up to a couple years ago at least. Not sure what the current market is like now though with Sony and others now selling OLEDs.

LG was early to the 21:9 monitor club as well. But this is definitely damning. I won't say I'll swear off LG entirely, but it does give pause. Not sure if their TV/Phone/Appliance divisions are marketed by the same group.

clshades

LG's OLEDs were genuinely good TVs and well reviewed up to a couple years ago at least. Not sure what the current market is like now though with Sony and others now selling OLEDs.

LG was early to the 21:9 monitor club as well. But this is definitely damning. I won't say I'll swear off LG entirely, but it does give pause. Not sure if their TV/Phone/Appliance divisions are marketed by the same group.
Worst monitor I ever owned was an LG. I didn't know how bad it was until I placed another monitor next to it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
LG makes most of the worlds panels anyway. Love or hate them, high chance they have a panel in your device.
Yep, generally their micro OLED panels (or whatever fancy name they have) are fantastic.

Sounds like the new revision of them (as mentioned in the review) are not as good.