What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thinktank Revision 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrainEater

Sorry for the delay in response.I'm in werk season .....

---------

Polymer caps are rated -55c I believe.But that is the standard minimum temp for consumer products....I'm betting cold is no problem , they are all plastic after all.....:thumb:

------------

Update time.

I have re-thought a couple of things.I decided the dewar isnt big enough , based on the sizes of the pump I am making.

Therfore , I have purchased a fullsized keg , and 2 foot section of 12" stainless pipe to make a larger dewar.I'll have pics soon.

I feel this step is required based on safety design actually , and here's why ;

The way I am designing this , If the power fails , all the liquid in the main tank (the glass one) needs to drain out , by gravity .The bottom tank where the dry ice is , is safer than the main one from a fire standpoint ,based on the co2 output of the DI.

---
I am sizing the first piece of borosilicate glass for order.While I'm making it as thrifty as I can , the glass bill will exceed 700$ , after all is said and done I'm sure....so'k tho , the first 300$ of glass is paid for.
---

I am in contact with Dow Corning regarding silicone sealants.They suggest -80c is no problem.

---

I have done more thinking regarding the pump.we'll see ....:haha:

:thumb:

BrainEater

Ok....

wee update time.

I have officially placed the glass order.

I have 4 pieces of Borofloat33 5mm borosilicate glass on the way.

Total cost is $497.99 + shipping from T.O.....

------------

The top of the keg has been cut out with a plasma torch ;

----

I am also working on the main tank inner.

----

I will be going to my local RC/hobbyshop this week to talk about brass propellers for RC boats.They'll make a very nice pump impeller , and they are about 40 bux.

---

klaiboi

nice BrainEater keep the updates coming

i check like hourly to see if you've updated lol (ok not hourly but minimum daily)

keep up the good work i look forward to the next update!

BrainEater

Thx Mang !!

-----------

I almost forgot ....i've also decided on the lighting , since it needs to be installed as the secondary tank is built.

I will be using 1 watt 'royal blue' cree x-lamps.Probably 3 or 4 of em.Under the bottom pane of borosilicate glass.....I doubt cooling will be an issue....heheheh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitter