What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thinktank Revision 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
keep in mind that with distilled water, or any water for that matter, it will rather quickly increase in conductivity. Given that the distilled we were using had been opened an likely re-ionizing for a bit.

So i'm not surprised really that it was that high. I wouldn't expect a freshly sealed batch to conduct near that much. Off the top of my head I can't quite recall norm of fresh/pure distilled

We couldn't even run a computer for an extended period of time in the same batch of distilled, as it gained conductivity from the components running it. Had to use a fresh batch for each run.

Last edited:

BrainEater

Absolutely.

Both water samples exhibited 'dropping' measurements as far as resistance goes......and lets not forget about dielectric constants/permittivity etc....

------

I'm either going to dunk a mobo in kerosene , or distill off some anhydrous IPA.....I've got the magnesium for it's prep./.....we'll see.

:thumb:

Eldonko

I have a friend that is a chemical engineer, let me consult with her and see if she has any advice.

Arinoth

Staff member
Kerosene huh, sounds even more dangerous, I like it!

Nothing like using a combustible liquid with something that can get hot, lol. Next we'll see him thinking about using the coolant oil that is used in electrical transformers :whistle:

TopDogZero

First congrats on the maiden run.

The result of the mobo tests was that nothing error'd until the Iso interacted around the CPU

SO is there no way to seal the CPU socket to prevent ISO from getting to the pins as I assume that's where the problem is. Or do you suspect the ISO will cause more problems to other parts of the setup later on.

Eldonko

It's not just in the socket, the whole vreg area shorts out. Instantly when you full submerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Twitter