What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Thinktank Revision 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safearus

I vote for a complete change of motherboard :p It seems that that motherboard and the ISo don't want to play nice, however you have discovered that other mobos seem to be just peachy.

To me it would seem to be easier to change the motherboard over changing the liquid.

Not to mention with the cost of some of these liquids it might actually be slightly less expensive...

misterlarry

BrainEater, congrats on over 1000 posts to this monumental thread and your project.

:eek:fftopic: When are we going to meet up for another pint?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BrainEater

I vote for a complete change of motherboard :p It seems that that motherboard and the ISo don't want to play nice, however you have discovered that other mobos seem to be just peachy.

It's not the motherboard.

I can now tell you exactly what the problem is.

I'm a bonehead , is what the problem is.

I committed the mother of all f*(kups , way back in the design stages of this project....I made an assumption.

Murphy does not suffer assumptions , and well , I got burned.

I assumed that because I made the k6-450 work in 99% Iso , that it did not conduct...and this is not true....(In all fairness I have several textbooks that state pure alcohols do not conduct).

Bottom line , I did not double check , and well....I'm stupid for not doing so.

--------------------

I did the double check research today tho.

Lo-and-behold , Isopropanol is one of the most conductive alcohols.

Check this out : Fluid Conductivity

Iso is listed as a 'good conductor' .

:doh:

Some lessons must be learned the hard way.Ah well , It's all good.

-------

This list does however suggest my next 2 choices !!

Anhydrous Acetone should work , and interestingly ( because misterlarry suggested it ) anhydrous Ethanol should also work.

I am going to look into suppliers for these materials.

:thumb:

3 of 7

Oh Boy! Hot Acetone is gonna smell shaweeet! Are we not getting into serious explosion potential now?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Thus the nitrogen atmosphere above the liquid. Fire control/safety has been the major issue for Ross since day one. And he's well aware of it.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
It's not the motherboard.

I can now tell you exactly what the problem is.

I'm a bonehead , is what the problem is.

I committed the mother of all f*(kups , way back in the design stages of this project....I made an assumption.

Murphy does not suffer assumptions , and well , I got burned.

I assumed that because I made the k6-450 work in 99% Iso , that it did not conduct...and this is not true....(In all fairness I have several textbooks that state pure alcohols do not conduct).

Bottom line , I did not double check , and well....I'm stupid for not doing so.

Ahhhhhhhhh - I have seen the light! Makes sense :bleh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts